Reaching business customers

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
BenG

Post by BenG »

Hi all.
We're shortly to be going live (in a couple of weeks) and while we think our main market is for holidays, we're not ruling out the possibility of business stays - we're near Cambridge so not so much the coastal attraction, but there are plenty of businesses in the area that might need visiting colleagues to be put up somewhere for a week or two, particularly as lockdown continues to ease.
So to my question! How to reach these businesses and let them know we are here? We are doing Airbnb and have our own website, but I was wondering if it was worth sending a speculative email to HR depts to get on their books of if people felt it just wasn't worth the bother. Or any other avenues people have tried?
Thanks for any advice!
Not a high-flyer, more a high-faller with style
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

I think you should certainly do some research and find out the names of local businesses and then perhaps using your judgement refine the list to the more likely targets.

I know there are privacy laws, but I guess they only apply when the contact is person to person and this would be business to business.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Airbnb produce lots of business guests if you click the boxes that say your property is suitable for work.