Covid PCR tests for UK clients

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
bornintheuk

Covid PCR tests for UK clients

Post by bornintheuk »

It may be possible this year that we have UK based clients again and as a requirement for their return entry they will need a hopefully negative PCR test (I think)
As I am in the French system I get a PCR test gratuite, does anyone know what a UK resident will be charged for the test ?
Or will they also get it for free ?
What would Plato do ?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Travel news is at the moment confusing. Some EU countries want a Covid passport, others don't.
The EU announced that the Americans can possibly travel to Europe of a vacation, but most countries are under some form of lockdown/restrictions.
The British say that Covid passports are not to be introduced but then there is a rumour that tests have been undertaking on a NHS app.
Here is what the EU have seemly agreed.
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/ ... rimination
How the UK and other non EU countries will fit into this plan is not clear.
The bigger market is from the guest who live within Schengen.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

CSE wrote:Travel news is at the moment confusing. Some EU countries want a Covid passport, others don't.
The EU announced that the Americans can possibly travel to Europe of a vacation, but most countries are under some form of lockdown/restrictions.
The British say that Covid passports are not to be introduced but then there is a rumour that tests have been undertaking on a NHS app.
Here is what the EU have seemly agreed.
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/ ... rimination
How the UK and other non EU countries will fit into this plan is not clear.
The bigger market is from the guest who live within Schengen.
Thanks for the reply and the link.
Two observations. 1 It is certainly not clear as regards the UK being a 3rd country now and its citizens ability to avoid paying for tests and 2. NHS app ! Not a great positive history regarding the NHS and computer systems !
What would Plato do ?
CSE

Post by CSE »

The UK will certainly be treated as Non Eu country. You are correct in thinking that it is not clear about costs.
I get the feeling the UK government want a Covid passport, but in reality they are too scared to implement it.
I don't know much about what is happening in France, but here in Spain the Covid health issues are certainly divided down political lines.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Circé

Post by Circé »

A govt. minister has announced today that PCR tests will be FOC for foreign tourists this summer
https://www.ladepeche.fr/2021/05/16/tes ... 548678.php