Bookingsforall

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
gunnyandbob

Bookingsforall

Post by gunnyandbob »

So, we had a phone call today from 004536950126 ( Denmark ) and a woman calling introduced herself as Alina Morris calling from Denmark, for bookingsforall.com. Would we like to join their site with an advert for our rental house in Spain? And stating all guests payments are immediately sent directly to us.
I gave our email address and then got the email and took a look at their site which lists homes across the EU.There was a review from 2019 for a property.
Lo and behold they are running an offer until tomorrow 20th April 21! Two years for €300 instead of €500.
There was a message over the map from Google Maps saying there was a problem with the mapping and would the site owner contact Google Maps.
I see one or two iffy things here, and there is nothing coming up on LMH regarding this outfit.
Your valued options please!

Nothing wrong with a bit of flattery!
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Maybe if they offered you a free trial, but that price for a site you've never heard of seems expensive. If you Google for holiday accommodation for your area do they come up anywhere? If you can't find them, then your potential guests won't either.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
gunnyandbob

Bookingsforall

Post by gunnyandbob »

Hello Joanna. There were several properties to the Gibraltar side of Malaga, one at Fuengerola. Zero properties to the east side where we are near Velez-Malaga. And no pins were shown anywhere in Spain.
I agree re a free trial, or paying for successful advertising.
Inclined to turn this down.
CSE

Post by CSE »

The website works fine for me.
I do not understand what you mean "And no pins were shown anywhere in Spain." Loads of properties in Andalusia.
Three here in Galicia but only one with images and a possibility to reserve.
The English on the website leaves something to be desired.
For example on the front page under (and there are others).
Safe And Risk Free Holidays
Availability of Protection Gears
Ensuring availability of sanitizers, masks, and gloves. Regular and throughout sanitisation of commute vehicles, rooms, common areas and premises.
That is beside the issue that they cannot give a guarantee of a safe/risk free vacation.
The address of the company comes back to a normal house in the UK no offices space. Rather odd when they boast
Bookings for all is the world's one of the best travel site, enabling travelers to plan and book the perfect trip.
or
To connect guests to the properties of their desire and To connect homeowners to the guests they admire.
Who is says it is Go-daddy hosted site and was
Creation Date: 2020-08-06T05:49:12Z
. Not so long ago. I cannot find anything about company name or registration details.
How did they mange to find your phone number?
All this sound like a website to avoid, for the time being at least.
BTW your signature website is not "available"
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

It uses the same wordpress theme as my site ownerholidays.com

But owner holidays is still free, and I altered the wordpress theme and code considerably.

Been very busy trying to make a living, but will return to ownerholidays soon, now that the market is changing a bit.
whirlybird

Post by whirlybird »

Will have to have a look at that Nigel.
https://www.moorparks.co.uk/farm-stay-self-catering/
https://www.facebook.com/moorparks/
Moorparks Holiday Cottages Moorparks, EX19 8NA 07850 356627

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in the correct order as they should be!
dixeady

Post by dixeady »

How did they manage to find your phone number?
All this sound like a website to avoid, for the time being at least.
I had a phone call from the same Denmark number the other day, completely out of the blue. I'm grateful to the forum that I knew about them and just said I didn't want to discuss it, thanks. Afterwards, I wish I'd asked how she got my mobile number? Our phone numbers are not visible on any of the major sites.

Later I checked their website. To me it looks like a rip-off of Booking.com. The typeface for Booking is similar and below is a small, almost illegible, 'forall'. I'd say definitely a scam.
CSE

Post by CSE »

The site is owned by a comapny called Exotic holiday Rentals LTD.
At the time of writing Companies House says that the accounts, which are due on the 31st August 2021. They have a warning that these are late.
The website for that company is dormant and the address of that company could be one of two locations.
All seems rather iffy.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.