Shared entrances and lockdown lifting

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Sandyppp

Shared entrances and lockdown lifting

Post by Sandyppp »

My local environmental health have told my cleaner that they and the police will be actively seeking holiday accommodation with shared entrances which open when the lockdown lifts in England in April and issuing fines of up to £1,000.

My booking agent tells me this is only Guidance and is not legislation, so I cannot be fined.

Has anyone else had this?
Looking forwards
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

I don’t have a property where this is a problem, but from a simplistic point of view, I would put my money on the police knowing more about enforcing the law than your letting agent .....

:shock:
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Another thought ... have you checked that your insurance company will cover you if you ignore the shared entrance issue?
If they won’t, it isn’t worth the risk.
warby002

Post by warby002 »

Do you have a link to the legislation? Can you not ask guests to wear face masks whilst going through these areas?
Hotels open with share areas and you simply where a mask between the entrance and your room.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

It's the law. Only self-contained premises allowed to open. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/364/made

(Search for holiday in the text and under step 2.)