Not quite correct??

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Nikco D

Not quite correct??

Post by Nikco D »

Good afternoon

I have been renting a our holiday cottage in Greece for the last 15 years or so. I use VRB, have my own website and advetise on another couple of websites.

Doing a search on the property name, I've noticed our cottage appears on listing sites I've never heard of, and certainly have not advertised on :cry:

When trying to book the message is that the property is not available and alternative properties are offered.

It seems to me that text and images have been scraped and our content is being to promote the offending site on Google etc.

I have looked more and found the same thing happening to friends houses too.

I wonder if anyone on this forum has noticed anything similar and if anything can be done to pressure the offending sites to remove the content?

The below link is our cottage on a totally unauthorized site.
https://www.letsbookhotel.com/en/greece ... ttage.aspx

Enjoy your Sunday!

Nick
J B
Location: We live in England and have rental properties in N Wales and Paphos, Cyprus

Post by J B »

A friend has had similar - they have a 'one bedroom country hideaway' and had folks turn up having booked it on Facebook, but he doesn't advertise it there!!!

:cry:
Nikco D

Not quite correct??

Post by Nikco D »

That would be really bad.

This site isn't taking bookings. However, the fact that it is using our content to attract clients, and then divert them to properties on their site seems somewhat underhand!
volcano

Post by volcano »

Nikco D

Post by Nikco D »

Interesting link - I hadn't thought of looking on Trust Pilot.

I doubt that there is much I can do about it, just another scam :lol: