Gite classifications France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Dordogne Rentals

Gite classifications France

Post by Dordogne Rentals »

Hello & happy New Year to everyone :)
Can anyone advise which is the best company to use for classification of gites in the Dordogne? Also, if you advertise with Gites de France, for example, do the enquiries come directly to the property provider or is it like HA where you only receive details when a booking is made?
Many thanks for any insight :)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I used Etoiles de France for mine last year. They took a while to do the inspection as it was lockdown but were very professional.
My apartment manager went to the visit as we were unable to travel from the UK. He made a couple of suggestions, asked me to put a notice on our website that we weren't suitable for the disabled, and awarded us 4*. i had tried to do this with Clévacances and through the Tourist Office on other occasions, and nothing came of it. One appointment they just didn't arrive.
Dordogne Rentals

Thanks Hells Bells, I'll take a look at Etoiles de France. Well done on your 4*! :)
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

There is also a new declaration form to be completed and sent to your Mairie. I think that the rules have changed and you have to show your reference number on all advertising or risk a fine.

Ours was done more than ten years ago and our OdeT are chasing us to update it. On the "to do" list.

VT
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

vacancesthezan wrote:you have to show your reference number on all advertising or risk a fine.
What reference number?
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

SPJ wrote:
vacancesthezan wrote:you have to show your reference number on all advertising or risk a fine.
What reference number?
We think the one that you get when you register your MdeT at the Mairie. Not absolutely sure as we dont have too much information as yet. Maybe someone else knows?

VT

A bit more info is available on this link

https://www.entreprises.gouv.fr/fr/tour ... e-tourisme
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks VT. That link is very useful. I've filled in the form online and I'll take it down to the Mairie in the morning.
I'll see whether they know (yet) what my registration number will be. This seems to be the critical paragraph:

Dans les villes qui l’ont décidé par délibération du Conseil municipal ou intercommunal compétent, toutes les locations touristiques, qu’il s’agisse de la résidence principale ou secondaire, devront disposer d’un numéro d’enregistrement à publier dans chaque annonce de location. Les plateformes intermédiaires de location (Airbnb, Abritel…) ont l’obligation de déconnecter chaque annonce qui ne contient pas de numéro d’enregistrement.

So VBRO and Holiday France Direct will (should) be asking me for my registration number for their ads and once I've got it I better put it on my own website and in my paperwork.

Thanks so much for this - completely passed me by.
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

SPJ wrote:Thanks VT. That link is very useful. I've filled in the form online and I'll take it down to the Mairie in the morning.
I'll see whether they know (yet) what my registration number will be. This seems to be the critical paragraph:

Dans les villes qui l’ont décidé par délibération du Conseil municipal ou intercommunal compétent, toutes les locations touristiques, qu’il s’agisse de la résidence principale ou secondaire, devront disposer d’un numéro d’enregistrement à publier dans chaque annonce de location. Les plateformes intermédiaires de location (Airbnb, Abritel…) ont l’obligation de déconnecter chaque annonce qui ne contient pas de numéro d’enregistrement.

So VBRO and Holiday France Direct will (should) be asking me for my registration number for their ads and once I've got it I better put it on my own website and in my paperwork.

Thanks so much for this - completely passed me by.
If your Mairie is like ours then you will be the first and they wont know what to do!! At least you will be fulfilling your part of the requirement.

We dont fully understand who has to do the full requirement and who can just carry on as before -- albeit maybe with a new style form. It is not clear from the link. We think that the rules will only tighten so if you are doing more than required then so the better.

If we remember, there is somewhere on HA (VRBO) for you to add a reference number to your advert - Is it already a requirement in Spain?

Please le us know if you get any news.
VT
Dordogne Rentals

Yes, this form has come into being from last January - it is to be completed and stamped at your local Mairie - they keep a copy on file. I didn't get any registration number though, just a copy of the stamped section and that is then registered with the Tourist Office for taxe de séjour - you should get an email from the Tourist Office almost immediately after getting the stamp from the Mairie - that's how it worked here anyway (Brantome, Dordogne).