Advice on Best Listing Option

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Casscat

Advice on Best Listing Option

Post by Casscat »

Over four years have passed since I was last marketing a holiday rental property and so much has changed in terms of the runners and riders in terms of the listing sites and how to target a marketplace in this current environment. My new holiday rental proposition is the complete opposite of what I had before, so I am going to need a new approach. The new rental is a village house in the heart of a small, very traditional Moorish pueblo. It will be a 'sleeps four' I think, although with a sofabed I could get that to six (reluctant to go down that route). My aim is to have a three nights+ booking requirement, but that is open to debate if you can guide me. The attraction will be for those who want to be in the beautiful environment of a natural park/biosphere with all that the countryside can offer, within striking distance of day trips to places like Ronda, Granada, Seville and Córdoba but also only 35 mins to the Costa del Sol if that's your thing (it's not mine, but hey-ho!). I am sensing that the sites I used to list on might not be the right places to pitch this, so what do you suggest? Airbnb? Booking.com? Anything else? Any 'beware' stories??
Norfolk Canary

Post by Norfolk Canary »

Sounds like the sort of place I would like to stay. Good luck.
Norfolk Canary

Post by Norfolk Canary »

There are plenty of amazing roads for motorcycling in that area. If you have any secure/ish or off road parking it might be worth mentioning that in you promotional material. We bikers love Spain!
Norfolk Canary

Post by Norfolk Canary »

Sounds like the sort of place I would like to stay. Good luck.
CSE

Post by CSE »

this has been discussed many times here before.
what is "best" for one may not be great for another.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Vera

Post by Vera »

Very true the picture has changed and what works for one is not the same for everyone. We are long established as a country property and last year our bookings were split almost exactly three ways between, return visitors, our own web site and booking dot com.
We are still on home away or whatever they call themselves this week, trip advisor, air bnb and Spain holiday on commission basis and numerous other sites. But only to keep the reviews.
Turismo rural and the local tourist office are worth a shout.
Good luck, we all need it!