Can you review my video for my website please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
bananacake

Can you review my video for my website please

Post by bananacake »

Hi All,

I am in the final stages of finalizing my new website and will be embedding a video to the homepage and photo gallery.

I just competed a video using iMovies and any constructive criticism would be welcome.

https://youtu.be/Nx61OR9B4HQ

many thanks :)
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Firstly, your property is beautiful, and the footage really shows that.
(Didn’t see anything about parking or the front access of the property?)

If I had any criticism it’s that I found the zooming in and out made me eventually feel a bit queasy. It would be improved if you slowly panned around the room from time to time, or just held some still shots. This is just a minor point though, and I’m sure a video will really help with bookings.
I hope this helps.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

I would agree a little too much zooming, I can understand the desire to include some movement and if you only have still photos to work with then options are limited. Is it possible to change any of the actions to pan across the image rather than zoom?
CSE

Post by CSE »

My two pennies worth.
Too much on the decoration and food.
Not a lot about surrounding views etc.
Music is rather like muzak. May be, if it is to be incorporate onto your website do not have any sound. It is very annoying when you are viewing something that you should not be and the sound is drifting across the office. :)
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

thank you for your inputs laymyhatters!

Noted your points
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

I think it's a lovely, inspiring video - i don't mind the zooming of the still shots and understand it gives some movement. I agree re music - much better to be silent. think you've done a very professional job.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I liked the start of the video; but like others all the zooming made me feel not good.
The outdoor shots created atmosphere which was great. I wanted to go away somewhere different with a beautiful view. The videos of bedrooms and bathrooms just didn't create quite the same uplifting feeling.
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

Thank you all for your valuable comments!

I removed the zooming effects plus trimmed it down and a lot you thought the music was cheesy and recommended not to have any music but still wanted to give the music another go. :)

Anyway what do you think of the improved version now? https://youtu.be/PFkHXPlNUQU

thanks again!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

bananacake I clicked on your latest link (not having had the chance to review your earlier video) but it came up as unavailable to me ("this video is private" - ooo, errr! :lol: )
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

I couldn't see the revised version either. If you're considering a professional reshoot, my son is a (London based) professional film maker http://www.intraspectrumstudios.com/
I came, I saw, I bought it.