QR Code for WIFi ID & Password

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Pengman

QR Code for WIFi ID & Password

Post by Pengman »

A friend gave me a link to this site that generates a QR Code specific to your WiFi ID & Password so guests can connect this way if they wish http://www.QiFi.org
I came, I saw, I bought it.
dwtmill

Post by dwtmill »

Thank you for posting this. It’s a really good idea that I will use. I have used QRC generators before, for our holiday cottage contact details and website links, but I hadn’t thought of using them for this application. I sort of monitor our router's status from time to time and I have noticed that most guests are connected via their phones. So, it’s the ideal method for connecting.
Don't look back
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

We’ve provided the WiFi QR code in 3 locations. In the hard copy house guidebook, on the desk in the ‘Laptop Friendly Area’ we’ve provided (as suggested by Airbnb), and in our Touchstay virtual guidebook (presumably if guests use this to log in before they arrive at the property, they connect as soon as they walk in the door).

There’s a bit of an issue with the ‘Laptop Friendly Area’. We use Eviivo to maintain our listings on all the OTAs, and have checked the relevant box in the Eviivo set up, but it’s not triggering Laptop Friendly Area on Airbnb, so if a guest is filtering for properties with Laptop Friendly Areas, ours doesn’t show up. I’ve raised this with Eviivo twice, but so far have got nowhere. I guess the problem is someone has to improve a bit of code which costs money.
I came, I saw, I bought it.
J B
Location: We live in England and have rental properties in N Wales and Paphos, Cyprus

Post by J B »

We actually go the other way.

The password is in the welcome book and nowhere else.

My thought/hope is that it will maybe encourage folks to read some of the book - we can just hope!
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

J B wrote:We actually go the other way.

The password is in the welcome book and nowhere else.

My thought/hope is that it will maybe encourage folks to read some of the book - we can just hope!
Yes mine too!