Do Germans Coming into France need Special Paperwork?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
SPJ

Do Germans Coming into France need Special Paperwork?

Post by SPJ »

We have a German couple who are still hoping to come to our gite next weekend and I think in fact are staying somewhere else in the Landes this coming week, before coming on to us.
Unfortunately the German stance has been to lump the whole of Nouvelle Aquitaine into the same risk category (and are advising against travelling ) - which is a bit hard on those of us in Lot-et-Garonne.
Anyway, to my surprise, our guests have just emailed to say they are still hoping to come. And she is searching through the internet to see if she needs to bring any paperwork.
Does anyone know please what (if anything) they need to do?
Thanks for any thoughts.
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

It looks like they might have to complete an attestation regarding their COVID status.

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/comin ... in-france/
leon

Post by leon »

"If you are arriving from another country, you can only enter France if your journey meets one of the following criteria for exceptions:
....."
Where do you find Germany in this list of exemptions from a visa?

That is regarding France but Germans may cancel because they don't want 2 weeks quarantine when they return home.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks for the rapid responses both of you and for finding the website Lotboy.

In fact leon, when she emailed last night she knew about the quarantine because it's the reason her son is no longer coming. She is still hoping to.

As I've understood the website, point (1) is the one that applies to them. They are arriving from a country within the EU, so do NOT need the paperwork for France. It is only if they are arriving from a country OTHER THAN those on the list in point (1) that they need the attestations. HOWEVER, it might be an idea to have them anyway, to be on the safe side.

Obviously we don't know what, if any paperwork she might need to satisfy the German requirements
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Slightly off topic, but we had a phone call last evening from a German couple due to arrive Sunday who rent our Port Leucate beach apartment for 3 weeks every year saying that yesterday the German government was advising against travelling to several régions of France, including our area, Languedoc Roussillon. Their car was already packed to leave leisurely today stopping in B&B's on the way. As we haven't heard of any increased risk in this area and the holiday village is as busy as ever we advised them to go ahead with their plans. In any case coming from another EU country, they don't need any special documentation apart from the usual.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

We also had Germans due to arrive tomorrow for 3 weeks. They emailed yesterday to cancel as they also said the German government had said travel to our area (also Languedoc Roussillon) is not permitted.
leon

Post by leon »

My Germans cancelled because of a possible quarantine issue but accepted a postponement to next year.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Glad to hear they are just postponing leon. Mine are still hoping to come - she emailed me again this morning to reassure, but with the numbers still going up in France, who knows?