Hugo Parker

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Nemo

Hugo Parker

Post by Nemo »

This isn't an email scam to owners but he is a prolific scammer of guests looking for holidays on facebook over the last couple of months it seems. If nothing else it can be picked up by any innocent guest thinking of booking with him and doing a general internet search.

Hugo Parker - fraudulent properties in France and Falmouth, Devon.

He has created this website with pictures stolen from a genuine owner (probably from their listing on the HA family) - not a live link clearly https://nortepalais.godaddysites dot com

He created a website for the Falmouth property using images from Right Move.

Apparently he proceeds as if all were normal, sending out paperwork, taking a deposit, a real smooth talker. On groups that he infiltrates he writes an advert then immediately closes comments forcing people to have to PM him out of sight of admin.

The url on his FB profile shows as being made in the name of Joseph Keane. His profile picture of 2 people in the sea is a stock image. https://www.facebook.com/joseph.keane.31392

He's been reported several times to Action Fraud and to GoDaddy who host the fraudulent website but the website is still live.

We have also heard about someone being asked to send money to a person called Jaimie/Jamie? but fortunately she was suspicious and stopped any payments.

Various comments found on facebook relating to him below.

"He was so convincing.. friendly and appeared knowledgeable on the phone. We know the area quite well so he was pretty accurate on where to go/ what’s available, sent us an invoice, text messages, answered message and emails.. so difficult to know when you are being scammed!!"

"This person is a prolific scammer and there are several Action Fraud cases open - please report to Action Fraud
He also goes under the names of Peter Keane and Peter Middleton. He has been on several fb pages with properties in Cornwall and Majorca and now France"
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Hello Nemo, as if anyone needs to be scammed like this with everything else going on this year!
You seem to have been doing as much as you can to report this issue - have you also included Trading Standards for the UK property? Also, I would go to the press Rip Off Britain, Watchdog etc ?? That all might help put pressure on GoDaddy to remove his site, and if one person saves their money, it will be a success.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

zebedee wrote:Hello Nemo, as if anyone needs to be scammed like this with everything else going on this year!
You seem to have been doing as much as you can to report this issue - have you also included Trading Standards for the UK property? Also, I would go to the press Rip Off Britain, Watchdog etc ?? That all might help put pressure on GoDaddy to remove his site, and if one person saves their money, it will be a success.
I haven't personally got involved or done any of the reporting zebedee, I've simply gathered info from various groups I'm in, with help from another owner re the French aspect and it was another owner again that suggested I post it here. Your suggestions are very valid so I hope that anyone scammed by him or that has had any contact with him will do just that. The purpose of doing a post here was simply to get it more into the public domain if anyone does an internet search.