adding a3rd party booking thinggy to PMP

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Karen&John

adding a3rd party booking thinggy to PMP

Post by Karen&John »

Trying to find a more professional look (than std PMP) to booking on our (soon finished) website.
I would like to have a drop down from the calendar with the holiday price.

I have a month`s trial of bookalet.
After much maths, managed to get it to price our short breaks,
( 2days @ 70%, 3@75% , 4@80, 5@90% of week rate) .
All good but when you go to the booking page it then looks very confusing to the customer - e.g.base price £2400 discount £1980. Amount due £420.

Does anyone have a booking system that will handle different rates for different length of stay?
Best,
J&K
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Not quite suer why you find it confusing - except that from the example quoted, you seem to be offering an 80% discount to the price rather than the cost of the stay being 80% of the base price.
Karen&John

Post by Karen&John »

Sorry, me not being clear.

The only way bookalet can handle 4 nights being 80% of a weeks rate is to make the nightly rate the same as the weekly rate (in this case £600). You then set a discount so that the (4 x £600) is reduced to £480.

I feel that this is confusing to the customer as they will see base price £2400, discount 80%, amount to pay £480.

Does anyone use a booking widget that will simply let you set 2 nights, 3 nights 4 nights etc as a percentage of the weekly rate?

Struggling with this web site now :(
J&K
e-richard

Re: adding a3rd party booking thinggy to PMP

Post by e-richard »

Karen&John wrote:... price our short breaks,
( 2days @ 70%, 3@75% , 4@80, 5@90% of week rate)

Does anyone have a booking system that will handle different rates for different length of stay?
PIMS will price up a 2,3,4 or 5 days stay exactly as you have described, but the widget in your website doesn't quite work as you suggested.

Guest will complete a simple form with start and end dates (plus whatever else you choose to ask) and then come back with a fixed price quote and an (optional) offer to book (i.e. complete a full booking form) at that price for those dates.

You can see this in action at https://holidayrentalmanagement.com/pimsdemo/

Booking at Balmoral calculates each day at 1/7th of a week
Booking at Sandringham uses your short break plan calculation
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !