Thank you all!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Isy

Thank you all!

Post by Isy »

Hi everybody,

Just a quick message to thank you all. I spent many years here reading your posts and asking questions whenever I was stuck.
This forum was my first port when we started our business in 2011... and without you all, I would have been lost!

We said our goodbyes to the rental business last december (selling our property) and now we're looking forward to the next chapter!
Take care
Isy
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Aww best of luck for the future Isy! I remember you coming on the forum and enjoyed your posts over the years, like us it seems like you sold at the right time.
Here's to the next chapter!

Mousie
x
Isy

Post by Isy »

Mousie, great to hear from you.... so sweet of you to remember.
Yes, I can't help feeling lucky to have been able to jump ship when we did.

My thoughts are with the owners who are still running their biz this summer.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Enjoy your retirement from the business!

We came very close to selling home and business earlier this year, then it all fell through followed by the world going generally pear-shaped! Watch this space...
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

So, exciting moves a foot for you too GB! Fingers x'd things start to happen for you soon. Are you staying in the same area?

Mousie
x
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Thank you Mousie for your help over the years.

We too came close to selling in March but have another sale progressing.

I have retired and OH carrying on but most of ours now long lets.

Good luck.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Mouse wrote:So, exciting moves a foot for you too GB! Fingers x'd things start to happen for you soon. Are you staying in the same area?

Mousie
x
We’d like to stay in the same area, give or take a bit - I wouldn’t survive returning to live in the south of England having got used to the space, pace of life and above all the different sense of values up here!
We could be in for the long haul - it’s a lovely house and holiday lets in a gorgeous location, but it’s primarily going to attract a small market of buyers looking for the lifestyle; however, there may not be many people in that market but we only needs one!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

apexblue wrote:Thank you Mousie for your help over the years.

Good luck.
Fingers crossed for you that everything goes well.
Isy

Post by Isy »

greenbarn wrote:Enjoy your retirement from the business!

We came very close to selling home and business earlier this year, then it all fell through followed by the world going generally pear-shaped! Watch this space...
Thank you GB!
As Mouse pointed out, selling is not the worst part once you made up your mind and put the property on the market for sale... it s the roller coaster of emotions that go with it!
Finger crossed, next time will be the right one! Wishing you a quick sale with a minimum of stress!
Isy

Post by Isy »

apexblue wrote:Thank you Mousie for your help over the years.

Good luck.
Good luck Apexblue with the sale! Hope it goes smoothly this time!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Yes good luck Apex! Hope it all goes well for you both. Everyone involved in this business deserves their retirement! I still marvel at not having to worry about guests or grapple with changeovers in 80% humidity!

GB totally understand where you are. We were a bit like that with our sale, we didn't tick many boxes but an estate agent acquaintance said exactly that....there only needs to be one!
And to have the ability to live in a stunning location with an income will be attractive to someone I'm sure.

Interestingly I was only looking at Rightmove the other day and so many of the houses on the market have sold really quickly, because of the stamp duty holiday I assume. Fingers x'd it happens soon.

Mousie
x