HomeAway not making payouts

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Ele

HomeAway not making payouts

Post by Ele »

Guests booked through HA arrived last Tues 21st and I have not received any payment, which should have been disbursed on 22nd.

Called customer service & am told it's an 'internal error' awaiting fix by the technical dept. When pushed I was told I have to wait another 7-10 days. When I said to customer service agent that this is disgraceful business practice, her words were "I agree"...!

Looked at TrustPilot and it seems this is widespread. Be warned....
leon

Post by leon »

The cracks are getting bigger.
dixeady

Post by dixeady »

This is what I see on my last (possible) HA reservation site, about delays in payment. The guest hasn't cancelled yet, though I daren't even hold my breath...

'Due to unprecedented volumes of travel disruptions, payouts may take a few weeks to be processed. The payment schedule section below shows the most updated disbursement date. Thank you for your patience during this time.' Ha ha.
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Terrible business I just use ha as a window to the world. Incidentally did anyone get an email last week with update to their terms saying that if you get binned off ha, I assume by taking private bookings, you have no recourse to ha.

I am so glad to be rid of them, they just keep getting worse, and more expensive.
Old Bill

Re: HomeAway not making payouts

Post by Old Bill »

Ele wrote:Guests booked through HA arrived last Tues 21st and I have not received any payment, which should have been disbursed on 22nd.

Called customer service & am told it's an 'internal error' awaiting fix by the technical dept. When pushed I was told I have to wait another 7-10 days. When I said to customer service agent that this is disgraceful business practice, her words were "I agree"...!

Looked at TrustPilot and it seems this is widespread. Be warned....
We very concerned by what you say and by what we have read on Trust Pilot. We have one group of guests from Home Away arriving next Saturday 1 August and a second group the following Saturday 8 August. We feel we have no choice but to let the first group come but in the light of all the reports will not be willing to accommodate the second group if Home Away don’t pay us promptly for the first.

It would be very helpful to know whether you or any other owners do actually receive any money from Home Away.
Ele

Post by Ele »

We very concerned by what you say and by what we have read on Trust Pilot. We have one group of guests from Home Away arriving next Saturday 1 August and a second group the following Saturday 8 August. We feel we have no choice but to let the first group come but in the light of all the reports will not be willing to accommodate the second group if Home Away don’t pay us promptly for the first.
I went on to the HomeAway FB page and posted (firmly but politely), then followed up with direct messages with the HA team. Subsequently received a notification that payment has been disbursed and it's now in the bank - mightily relieved, as many are waiting weeks and months. I'd suggest that, the day after check-in if you don't receive the email that payment is on the way, start following up on their FB page.
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

Ele wrote:
I went on to the HomeAway FB page and posted (firmly but politely), then followed up with direct messages with the HA team. Subsequently received a notification that payment has been disbursed and it's now in the bank - mightily relieved, as many are waiting weeks and months. I'd suggest that, the day after check-in if you don't receive the email that payment is on the way, start following up on their FB page.
Thank you very much. That's very helpful advice.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

I have been paid promptly by HA recently, However I had a guest that was very stressed at having to wait a whole month for her security deposit to be returned.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

cleanforum wrote: I had a guest that was very stressed at having to wait a whole month for her security deposit to be returned.
Well that won't be a problem in the future! Have just received email from HA saying they will no longer collect security deposits and it will be up to owners to make a claim. I can see that going well.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

SPJ wrote:
cleanforum wrote: I had a guest that was very stressed at having to wait a whole month for her security deposit to be returned.
Well that won't be a problem in the future! Have just received email from HA saying they will no longer collect security deposits and it will be up to owners to make a claim. I can see that going well.
EXACTLY !
What would Plato do ?
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Ok found the mail...looks like they keep the card details and will make a claim on our behalf if we have a claim...like booking...et all. I can live with that I suppose.
StQ

Post by StQ »

Guests arrived Sunday 9th. Payment not received from HA, yesterday 10th. Tried chat line last evening and was disconnected on 3 separate occasions. Discovered that payment should come through the day after arrival but ‘can take 5 to 8’ business days to process. I asked whether they had heard of the 21st century business practice of same day funds transfer?!
That’s when I was disconnected again.
dixeady

Post by dixeady »

If the guests only arrived on the Sunday, I don't think it's possible for HA to make a payment overnight to Monday. Banking just doesn't work that way! I was pleasantly surprised that my guests checked in on Sat 8th and the payment was in my Spanish account this morning. They're much faster than Booking....