Mallorca now on full mask rule

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
costa-brava

Mallorca now on full mask rule

Post by costa-brava »

From Monday the Balearics will introduce masks in all outdoor situations regardless of distance. There are some exceptions as in Catalunya and it's not exactly clear about the beach but it will be monitored by the police with fines.
It's hot and wearing a mask continuously is heavy going. A cotton washable version works best. I like to have the better quality type for in shops etc. but out walking the lighter version is better.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Masks are to be worn everywhere bar the beach when sunbathing or doing sports, also when eating or drinking.

The heat and humidity there is awful in summer without a mask so I can't imagine it being very comfortable.

Mousie
x
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

I'm just back from chucking the recycling in the containers. It's not comfortable but I did feel internally comfortable when everybody coming towards me had a mask on.
Extemadura seems to have joined the club and my local news link thinks that Andalucia will be next week. It's funny to hear Boris being apologetic about asking people to wear masks in shops.
I think it's important that guests should know the situation here. The mask's unpleasant but it's also unpleasant to get a fine on your holidays.
Here's a link to the opinion about Andalucia. It's in Catalan but I think "Andalucia, segurament, la setmana que be" says it's fairly likely to be next week.
https://www.ccma.cat/324/lus-obligatori ... a/3032070/
PS Mes enlla de Catalunya means beyond Catalunya
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

joddle

Post by joddle »

I've noticed most people here are now wearing masks outdoors and in the streets etc. In fact rare to see a person without one but not sure if Valencia has actually made it law yet.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
Marks

Post by Marks »

joddle wrote:.....not sure if Valencia has actually made it law yet.
Not yet but it is being considered. I too see far more people wearing masks in public than not now.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.