Digital Guest Books/ House Manuals

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

CSE wrote: How does the app for guests comply with GDPR (privacy laws)?
In view of what's happening with tracking and tracing these days CSE, I can't help feeling privacy laws are being re-written even as I type.

Re IT equipment, I'd go for a toothbrush that's been dipped in 70% household alcohol. The suggestion with TV remotes etc is to clean them and then wrap them in cling film for the next set of guests.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

SPJ wrote:
CSE wrote: How does the app for guests comply with GDPR (privacy laws)?
In view of what's happening with tracking and tracing these days CSE, I can't help feeling privacy laws are being re-written even as I type.

Re IT equipment, I'd go for a toothbrush that's been dipped in 70% household alcohol. The suggestion with TV remotes etc is to clean them and then wrap them in cling film for the next set of guests.
TV handsets work perfectly well inside a plastic bag. You can purchase supplies of suitable bags (just waiting for mine to arrive) from Out of Eden
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks for the tip Zebedee. Mind you, I'm not sure I need 100!!! Interesting, just tried to load Out of Eden page and it says "sorry can't find it" I think you've bought the last pack.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

I thought that about the 100 at first, then counted that we have 4 handsets altogether. If the bags needed to be replaced every changeover (not sure if they would) then it’s 25 changeovers - less than a usual season but may well be more now I am factoring in gaps between bookings :(
CSE

Post by CSE »

Tracking and tracing is a failure.
There is hardly any up take due to the privacy concerns.
The law(s) still stand regarding privacy.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

Just learnt that the PASC50 50% discount code on Touch Stay expires at midnight tonight 30th June. Diving in right now... https://touchstay.com

To get this deal you have to start your free trial (which takes you to hub.touchstay.com I think), then come out of the trial and log in at touchstay.com, click on the account tab, then enter the code PASC50 in the field provided. All very slick so far...
I came, I saw, I bought it.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

CSE wrote:.
How does the app for guests comply with GDPR (privacy laws)?
TouchStay have a suitable privacy policy in place
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

Joanna wrote:In case anyone hasn't already seen it, the protocols are here:
https://www.pascuk.co.uk/standards
These are the Government recommended ones.
There’s a glaring error in the PASC Cleaning Check List IMO - no mention of the cleaner checking fire precautions. We ask ours to check the fire blanket and extinguisher are in place and undischarged, test the smoke alarms, check the escape route is clear - just basic common sense stuff. I know Covid 19 is in The front of everyone’s head right now, but we forget Grenfell at our peril.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Thanks Pengman, good point, I've just added those to my checklist.

I've changed my version so it's split into clear stages that the cleaner will finish before moving onto the next one - basically it's clear all traces of previous guests, then clean, then sanitise. With a reminder to wash hands & have new cleaning cloths and gloves at each stage.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
AndyPearce

Post by AndyPearce »

Cymraes wrote:I'm using Touchstay.

Liking it very much so far
We've recently started using Touchstay too and like what it offers and how it makes us look more professional
Parrotperson

Post by Parrotperson »

I've gone for Hostfully as I found it much quicker and easier to set up. They have great videos to show you what to do and are extremely helpful if you contact them direct

It works our slightly cheaper that Touchstay as well.

And you can make them personal for each guest.

Its the way forward I think and since we're 300 miles from our property it's easier for us tom do this.
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

CSE wrote:Plastic maybe be able to be able to be cleaned.
However, has anyone of you tried cleaning any IT equipment with any disinfectant methods/ liquids?*
IT equipment has a lot of joints which could hide a lot of "nasties".
How does the app for guests comply with GDPR (privacy laws)?
The whole point of a digital guide book is that guests can access it from their own device. That means that, if you send guests the link 10 days before their check-in date as we do, they can fully familiaraise themselves with your offer before they even arrive. And if you put enough links i nto it, they can familiarise themselves with the surrounding neigbourhood too, even whilst out and about, meaning you can cheerfully junk your leaflet based TIC too thus making yourselves even more Coronavirus proof. And guests love it too - well they love our Touchstay Guidebook anyway. And they have a link to it with an icon on the home page of their phone too. We still provide the old paper guide book in a plastic folder, but the first page advises guests not to use it and gives a link to our Touchstay digital guidebook. And GDPR privacy laws aren't relevant - it's a guidebook containing information on the property, it's equipment (including links to all instruction manuals etc), and local restaurants and attractions - it doesn't contain any guest information. Can't rate Touchstay highly enough.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Do either Touchstay or Hostfully allow guests who have stayed to leave reviews? Now that I get no business via Homeaway and they won't allow other guests to leave a review I need to find a way for people to publish their comments other than by sending me an email.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

SPJ wrote:Do either Touchstay or Hostfully allow guests who have stayed to leave reviews? Now that I get no business via Homeaway and they won't allow other guests to leave a review I need to find a way for people to publish their comments other than by sending me an email.
Touchstay doesn't - they suggest that you include a link to your property facebook page or website and ask them to review there.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks Cymraes. I was hoping to avoid having to work out how to add an active review page to my own (wordpress) website. :?