Digital Guest Books/ House Manuals

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

SPJ wrote:Thanks Cymraes. I was hoping to avoid having to work out how to add an active review page to my own (wordpress) website. :?
The upside is though that you have much more control over the reviews!
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

I prefer not to have. My reviews on Homeaway are all 5 star. I'd rather people know for sure that I cannot "control" my reviews. And even on HA unfortunately there was a concern that people used to just get their friends to write them. Hence their refusal these days to let anyone upload a review unless it's a confirmed booking through them.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

SPJ wrote:I prefer not to have. My reviews on Homeaway are all 5 star. I'd rather people know for sure that I cannot "control" my reviews. And even on HA unfortunately there was a concern that people used to just get their friends to write them. Hence their refusal these days to let anyone upload a review unless it's a confirmed booking through them.
Do they publish the bad reviews? Sykes was always very selective in the snippets they published.

I'm not on any of the big sites now so no longer at the mercy of feedback blackmail that seems so common especially for AirBnB users scared of losing their superhost status.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

I'm only on HA and Holiday France Direct so don't know how other sites behave, but certainly these two only allow bona fide travellers to leave reviews these days and do not suppress negative ones. I have no issues with showing a negative review since my reviews are overwhelmingly positive and I would just deal with any negative comments in a positive way.