Cancel TV WiFi? Check Insurance

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
apexblue

Cancel TV WiFi? Check Insurance

Post by apexblue »

Any cancelled TV licence and WiFi as rentals empty?

Also is insurance invalid if rental empty for a period?
Last edited by apexblue on Thu May 14, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Mmmbobby

Post by Mmmbobby »

Is it possible to get a refund on a TV license?
Cymraes

Re: Cancel TV WiFi?

Post by Cymraes »

apexblue wrote:Any cancelled TV licence and WiFi as rentals empty?

Also is insurance invalid if rental empty for a period?
Insurance depends on your policy. My unoccupancy terms kick in after 60 days. The stricter security requirements are what we normally do anyway so not really a problem for me. Our neighbour is keeping an eye on it too.

Haven't bothered cancelling the services as the amount of hassle to get wifi back up and running isn't worth it to me nor the time and effort to get a TV licence refund. It's due to renew next month so I just won't pay for a new one until we can reopen
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

Although my experience is here in Spain, many of these companies are international. I spoke to our internet providers and they have put us on hold for a set fee of 4 euros a month. It meant that they haven't taken away the router and so on and we can switch the service back on at 24 hours notice. It was surprisingly easy. We have three properties so the savings have been quite substantial. Worth a try.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Our insurance is 30 days.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

In the U.K. You simply cancel your TV licence direct debit & then start it up again when you re-open. I found it on the licensing web site - they have closed their call centre so you can't speak to them about it, but this is acceptable.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Also, we cancelled our broadband. We'll just have to set up a new account when we get some idea of an opening date. At the moment I'm working on the basis of start of July so I'll sort out the broadband about 3 or 4 weeks before then.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth