HomeAway - Annual subscription but no income due to Covid-19

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Toscana

HomeAway - Annual subscription but no income due to Covid-19

Post by Toscana »

Hi All,

I have a property in Tuscany, Italy. So I have been busy handling cancellations every week, I now only have three rentals left for this season, for the month of August.
I pay by an annual subscription, which was paid in early March, I am now thinking why am I taking the full hit. Shouldn’t HomeAway also take the hit and perhaps give me a part refund, effectively acknowledging that we are in this together.
I contacted them and explained my position, the agent gave me the spiel that the current situation is unprecedented, that everybody is affected and that they have no policy at this time to offer any help.

I know there is the Pay per booking model, which I will move to next year but it just infuriates me they have not helped at all.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

I am in the same situation as you with one of my properties.
I am not surprised by the response of HA and their "we are all in it together" crap that they put out to their rental clients as a way of pressurising their advertisers is just what it is - CRAP.
No wonder people do everything in their power to circumvent the system and get the potential clients to go direct.
American corporate greed !
Rant over 8)
What would Plato do ?
Toscana

Post by Toscana »

bornintheuk wrote:I am in the same situation as you with one of my properties.
I am not surprised by the response of HA and their "we are all in it together" crap that they put out to their rental clients as a way of pressurising their advertisers is just what it is - CRAP.
No wonder people do everything in their power to circumvent the system and get the potential clients to go direct.
American corporate greed !
Rant over 8)
Thanks for your support, spent most of yesterday trying to get Yapstone to refund a Cancellation as the direct debit had failed. Oh well Onwards and upwards!!