I-PRAC

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Nigel Goodwin

I-PRAC

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Anybody heard of this business? It seems interesting and useful, but not sure if there is anything behind the web site.

https://www.i-prac.com/
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

It's over £365 a year! What's wrong with the AA which is much cheaper?
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

They are currently offering free membership.

https://www.i-prac.com/i-prac-to-invest ... al-sector/

The £1 million investment will be used for 2,500 I-PRAC memberships, for the duration of 12 months.

But I have a feeling the investment is not cash going into the company, it is calculated as 2,500 times annual membership fees.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

They say their approval certificate is recognised world wide by travellers - I’ve never heard of them!

The name is not one which immediately makes you think of the tourism industry.

The language when you click on the link is confused. It talks about being a leader in the field in the present tense, but later the tense changes to the future when it talks about what it could do for owners. They also imply some possible pyramid commission with the ability to become an “ambassador” for them??

I’ve only looked quickly at it but wasn’t convinced to carry on.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

It's a lot of extra hassle for renters. I cannot see travellers going to another website and entering all their details, details of their holiday, price paid, I_Prac membership number etc.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I think my view is that the brands of airbnb etc. may have become a bit tainted, reality has set in, so this opens up new opportunities. It will be interesting.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Nigel Goodwin wrote:I think my view is that the brands of airbnb etc. may have become a bit tainted, reality has set in, so this opens up new opportunities. It will be interesting.
Airbnb has done well for travellers in the current pandemic offering full refunds. As a guest, I'd choose to book with them in the future rather than those that aren't offering refunds. I-PRAC is no use to guests as it only covers rental fraud.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Who remembers yourholidaymatters.co.uk (accreditation of private rentals and B&Bs)?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

Apparently, they have 10,000 followers on Linkedin. Why doesn't that surprise me?
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day