CORONAVIRUS GRANT

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Norfolk Canary

Post by Norfolk Canary »

Received email from North Norfolk DC today with link to online claim form. Should be paid next week. Result!
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

For those that have been approved were you asked if you provided personal on site services? We answered no to this as other than cleaning between guests we have removed all personal contact as requested. Not sure why my council asked that question.
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

Ianh100,

This is a similar question to the one mentioned in a PASC Facebook grant update post on Monday -

There is a question that many are asking how to answer, which is what is meant by 'Prior to this closure was this business providing an in-house service from your premises?"
We are checking with BEIS and think that this is less likely to be a way to find out if you are a remote owner, and invalidate your claim, and more likely just a business differentiation question, and that we were all providing an 'in-house' service, by the guest staying overnight, so nothing to do with the guest welcome. In which case ticking the box with a yes would then be OK.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Norfolk Canary wrote:Received email from North Norfolk DC today with link to online claim form. Should be paid next week. Result!
My local authority who paid up promptly the first time have set up a new on-line aaplication form but it doesn't recognise the address linked to the non-domesteic rates reference. I have put in the address on the bill they send and it doesn't work. I queried it with them and several days later have had no response, so this tiem I have copied in my MP.

Jonathan
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

My council have notified me saying we get the grant and should get payment in a few days.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Jonathan wrote:
Norfolk Canary wrote:Received email from North Norfolk DC today with link to online claim form. Should be paid next week. Result!
My local authority who paid up promptly the first time have set up a new on-line aaplication form but it doesn't recognise the address linked to the non-domesteic rates reference. I have put in the address on the bill they send and it doesn't work. I queried it with them and several days later have had no response, so this tiem I have copied in my MP.

Jonathan
The local authorities are under pressure to tackle fraudulent claims, hence the questions are much more searching this time and most areas are looking for a lot of supplementary evidence eg bank statements as well as websites. I hasten to add that I do not include you in this group. I was asked for the Business rate reference number - can you put that in? It might help. I doubt your MP can do anything - local authorities are separate, but it would probably help if you rang your local authority to explain your problem.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

zebedee wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

Jonathan
The local authorities are under pressure to tackle fraudulent claims, hence the questions are much more searching this time and most areas are looking for a lot of supplementary evidence eg bank statements as well as websites. I hasten to add that I do not include you in this group. I was asked for the Business rate reference number - can you put that in? It might help. I doubt your MP can do anything - local authorities are separate, but it would probably help if you rang your local authority to explain your problem.
I understand that. I was asked for the business rate reference number, which I put in. The problem is that they don't think it matches the names of the properties on their bill. The trouble is that I have no idea what they do want. I can't get through to them on the telephone but I might have another go next week.

Thank you Jonathan
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Jonathan wrote:
zebedee wrote:
Jonathan wrote: My local authority who paid up promptly the first time have set up a new on-line aaplication form but it doesn't recognise the address linked to the non-domesteic rates reference. I have put in the address on the bill they send and it doesn't work. I queried it with them and several days later have had no response, so this tiem I have copied in my MP.

Jonathan
I understand that. I was asked for the business rate reference number, which I put in. The problem is that they don't think it matches the names of the properties on their bill. The trouble is that I have no idea what they do want. I can't get through to them on the telephone but I might have another go next week.

Thank you Jonathan
Well I finally got there, I hadn't realised that they had multiple addresses for us, one of which was the holiday lets. We don't actually have a 'business' account but use a normal personal joint account, so I'm hoping we dont' fall down there.

Given there is much less money involved this time, it seems a bit stable doorish to me.

BTW I have seperately asked my MP whether there ould be a relaxation of the 105 day rule this year. I know we won't make it. He said he would refer it to the Treasury - perhaps othe UK letters might do the same.

Jonathan
shamac

Post by shamac »

Just received notification from Northumberland Council that we will be receiving the grant in the next few days. Thank goodness!
The harder you work, the luckier you get.
Norfolk Canary

Post by Norfolk Canary »

Our booking over New Year has just been cancelled. I guess there will be more grant money coming our way now Norfolk is in Tier 4.
Lamb

Post by Lamb »

Our place is in Tier 2 (Shropshire). Our Christmas guests have now cancelled as they live in Tier 4. It seems the rules for grants don't seem to cover this eventuality. We can remain open and we have suffered "significant loss" with our peak Xmas season gone. However, the rules refer to "local restrictions", which in our case does not prevent Tier 1 or 2 guests staying. (Very unlikely now as I write this on Christmas Eve!)
We need to see (and lobby our MP) if a relaxation of the 105 day rule will be made.
Jenny C

Post by Jenny C »

We are in Tier 2. We have been notified by our local council (Wiltshire) that we are eligible for the Local Restrictions (Open) Grant and the grant for the first 2 weeks of December has been paid automatically without us having to do anything. The regional variations in how to apply for these grants and apparent differences in who is eligible are very wrong.
Norfolk Canary

Post by Norfolk Canary »

North Norfolk have just paid out again for December. Not sure how long this can go on. We rarely get bookings Jan to Easter so it will be a bit weird if they keep throwing money at us due to the current ‘lockdown lite’.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Lamb wrote:Our place is in Tier 2 (Shropshire). Our Christmas guests have now cancelled as they live in Tier 4. It seems the rules for grants don't seem to cover this eventuality. We can remain open and we have suffered "significant loss" with our peak Xmas season gone. However, the rules refer to "local restrictions", which in our case does not prevent Tier 1 or 2 guests staying. (Very unlikely now as I write this on Christmas Eve!)
We need to see (and lobby our MP) if a relaxation of the 105 day rule will be made.
I sent you a pm. Not sure if you received it?
Norfolk Canary

Post by Norfolk Canary »

Just received automatic payments of a ‘Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment’ of £4K plus another £2k for ‘National Lockdown Restrictions’ which covers 5th Jan to 15th Feb. Nothing would surprise me regarding the incompetence of our Government but are the rest of you in the UK getting this amount? It seems OTT. I guess they have taken the low admin option of using a tiny amount of means testing. It all feels a little uncomfortable as we are hugely better off than we would be in a normal season, particularly as 24% of our turnover would normally go to our letting agents.