Corvid 19

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

The French tourist authorities have come up with an excellent cleaning protocol. 14 pages of very practical advice, so we don't have to make it up as we go along. Give me a few hours on Google translate and I'll do the best I can to give you an English version. :)
CSE

Post by CSE »

CB, I have said that anything about cleaning will be issued by the comunidad autónoma not by the Spanish government. the best place to look for that information is in the relevant boletines.
The wiki on these in Spanish. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diario_of ... spa%C3%B1a
That, will give you links to the wiki on the various boletines. There you will find links to that comunidad's boletine. Hopefully members here can post update if they come into force.
I would certainly will not go with any AirBnB advise.
Newspapers may write about what to do, but track records of what has been written over recent issues has not been the very accurate to say the least.

Marks, You questioned how anything will be controlled then proceeded to write about Doris. I only questioned that thinking by putting a open question to the forum. Whether that would be the way someone would want to treat their guests. Maybe you have some positive suggestions on this issue?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Marks

Post by Marks »

CSE wrote:Marks, You questioned how anything will be controlled then proceeded to write about Doris. I only questioned that thinking by putting a open question to the forum. Whether that would be the way someone would want to treat their guests. Maybe you have some positive suggestions on this issue?
I cannot see how any cleaning protocol can be enforced in holiday lets. I am creating my own protocol which, in all honesty, is not vastly different to what I do now. I expect it to add 30 minutes to a normal clean.

My comment about 'Doris' was in relation to many hundreds of holiday lets where the owners don't really care, there are still plenty in my area without a licence.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

I found the French protocol helpful because it is very comprehensive and is a checklist reminding me of things I might have forgotten - those of us suffering from coronabrain need all the help we can get at the moment.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

CSE I have searched, upside down and backwards, in Spanish, in Catalan and in English. The only thing that comes up is sometimes a plan for a plan that so far hasn't materialised. Like I said they are not prepared. It's all huff and puff (taking a lead from Boris)
I found one promising promise from Lloret de Mar which includes this one paragraph.
"Apartaments, habitatges d’ús turístic i càmpings
Entre les mesures que estan preparant els apartaments i els HUT destaca la desinfecció reforçada després de cada check out dels clients i abans de l’entrada dels següents. Així mateix, preveuen estoigs de benvinguda amb material bàsic d’higiene (mascaretes, gels hidroalcohòlics i guants)."

TRANSLATED: Within the measures that are being prepared the HUTS (holiday homes) must be disinfected thoroughly after people leave and before others arrive. In addition there must be a welcome package containing masks, sterilising gel and gloves.

That's not the Autonomous Region but just the famous (or infamous) town of Lloret. And THAT'S THE EXTENT OF THEIR PLANS FOR A PROTOCOL
I like SPJ's suggestion of adapting the French protocol. If the cleaner doesn't have a sound and clear idea of what you want' she/he will just do what they've always done with an extra splash of bleach. They're not going to hang around longer than they need to.
One other point that has come up in my searches is that most of the protocols refer to the percentage of puplic space withing a complex. Effectively that means that if you have a holiday flat we Scots would say "yer bum's out the window". Forget it; you have no control over what the other owners do.
On the other hand there is a strong demand from Spanish people for individual homes.
I'm dropping out of this discussion now. I really hope you all have some measure of success.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

If you are interested in seeing a very thorough cleaning protocol, rather than having to reinvent the wheel, I've translated the French one and posted it to the following thread:

viewtopic.php?p=364197#364197
CSE

Post by CSE »

CB your comunidad autónoma has not reached the stage of normality that Galicia has. !t was the first come out f the state of alarm.
There for you will not see anything yet locally.
I would have thought you have known that any boletine issued can be right at the last minute.
Here is one for the cleaning regime (and more)in Galicia issued on Saturday for the new world on Monday.
https://www.xunta.gal/diario-oficial-ga ... 02&lang=es
That is not the only boletine on this subject just the latest.
SPJ thank you for your work.
Marks 30mins, extra great work.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thank you CSE. :D
It's been a help for me getting it into English. My french is ok, but I now know exactly what I have to do!