Open or closed in France?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Circé

Post by Circé »

I would not say 'I told you so', I simply do not clean places that far in advance, any year.
I am currently trying to get my clients (gite owners) to read and absorb information on the cleaning protocols which seriously look like being necessary this summer if they have bookings.
For a start, changeover days are a no-on in my view, there has to be a gap between lets.
More cleaning products will be needed and the list goes on...
There is cleaning advice on the AirBnB sites BTW if anyone is looking for it.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Hi Circe, I'm not as organised as you and have to start well in advance. Not least to make sure I've discovered any problems - like one of the power sockets currently is shorting and it'll be some time before our electrician will be able to fit us in.
Re thoughts for cleaning - I've said some of this elsewhere, but I think it's worth repeating. Basically I'm setting up the gite exceptionally this year, stripped aback to the bare minimum for efficient cleaning. I believe this will reassure my guests.
All "knickknacks" will be out. All games will be out. I may also remove all books and DVDs (in discussion with guests)
I will provide the minimum of cutlery / plates etc so I can have two sets on the go - one lot comes out for deep cleaning later, the other already deep cleaned lot will be ready to go in for next guests.
All bedding ditto, Guests will be asked to strip their beds and put bedding into black sacks. We will come in with already deep cleaned fresh bedding including pillows / duvets for next guests.
Welcome pack will only consist of stuff in bottles / tins / sealed packs that can be cleaned. So for example they will have to buy their own fresh bread.
Everything they bring or buy here that normally they might leave - eg shampoo / mayonnaise / etc MUST leave with them or be thrown away by them.
All of this will be discussed with them beforehand, including that they MUST let us know if they feel unwell while here or fall ill within three weeks of their return.
I think they will understand. They are returners and they know us well and I think they will want to be as safe as possible and to keep the cottage free of infection if possible.
vacancesthezan

Re: Specific to the Herault.

Post by vacancesthezan »

vacancesthezan wrote:Finally, they seem to be getting their collective acts together.

We have just had an email from our tourist office with a copy of the minutes of a meeting at the Prefecture of the Herault region dated yesterday.

B&B and holiday rentals should be closed. There are a small number of exceptions. This order is valid until 11th May.

At least this should allow people to claim off their holiday insurance if they were due to visit our region in the next month.

I feel sure that other regions either have or will be making similar demands

VT
We have just had another email from our tourist office. Our Prefecture (Herault) have again published an order that B&B and holiday rentals can open but only for local visitors (within 100kms).

The date for this order is until 10th July. This makes us think that this is the date when they may relax the rules again - although probably not before!

VT
Circé

Post by Circé »

Interesting!
Useful clarity at a time when there are so many murky areas.
I wonder how many more have done the same?
farley

Post by farley »

Nothing at all from our tourist office ☹️☹️
vacancesthezan

Swimming pools - shared.

Post by vacancesthezan »

We have been asked by friends in the UK if we know when it is likely that shared swimming pools will be allowed to reopen. Does anyone have any information?

We know that B&B, gîte complexes etc are not supposed to have their pools available for use but until when?

Thanks in advance

VT
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

If I’m reading this correctly and gites come under “colonies de vacances, camps etc”, we (Lot et Garonne) should be closed until June 1st.

Nothing from the local tourist office here either.
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Our tourist office are galvanised into action - not a phrase we would usually use to describe them!!

We have received more information on what is allowed and not allowed. Not just for accommodation but also for other tourist related activities (eg beaches, attractions, markets etc) . They have also included a link which we include below (hopefully)

https://www.adn-tourisme.fr/coronavirus/

VT