Can I ask internet provider for a break in payments?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
dixeady

Can I ask internet provider for a break in payments?

Post by dixeady »

Now that we're not allowed to rent our holiday homes and anyway no-one can get into Spain to try to, does anyone think that the local internet providers will give us a payment 'holiday' for the next 3 months? I just received my invoice for the direct debit due to go out on April 1st. Or maybe that's an April Fool?!
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Does it not make sense to cancel it? With the arrival of fibre optic there are some good deals which will probably be even better when the crisis lifts. Or are you locked in to a fixed term?
dixeady

Post by dixeady »

costa-brava wrote:Does it not make sense to cancel it? With the arrival of fibre optic there are some good deals which will probably be even better when the crisis lifts. Or are you locked in to a fixed term?
It's taken some time to sort out, probably because of a mass scramble in their office on Friday (it's a small, friendly, local business). They're now allowing any holiday property owner, who is not allowed by law to rent out or even visit ourselves, to go onto a much-reduced contract which will keep the equipment in place for when we'll be able to switch on again. They're refunding me the extra taken for April too.

Btw, I can't imagine much fibre optic going on in our hilltop castle Old Town area!
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Great you got some joy. My house is full of cables (not mine). They just turn up and sling on cables without asking. At least we won't have any more for a while. We're not getting the pesky sales calls either.