Will you make travel insurance mandatory in future years?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Tremewan

Re: Will you make travel insurance mandatory in future years

Post by Tremewan »

newtimber wrote: People travelling within their own country are not going to want or need travel insurance
I disagree. We also state on our T&Cs that we highly recommend guests to take out travel insurance.
CSE

Re: Will you make travel insurance mandatory in future years

Post by CSE »

Tremewan wrote:
newtimber wrote: People travelling within their own country are not going to want or need travel insurance
I disagree. We also state on our T&Cs that we highly recommend guests to take out travel insurance.
You highly recommend but you don't insist. There is a huge difference between the two. I prefer your option.
I personally wonder if you can insist on insurance under current laws (in which ever country you operate in)
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Marks

Post by Marks »

I doubt you can insist on guests taking out travel insurance, same as white goods retailers can insist you take out their warranty extension insurance.

I am just dealing with a guest that has no travel insurance wanting me to refund her deposit....."but I don't have insurance"......."but you ticked the box on the booking form that said you did."

The chance of a refund from me are somewhere between fat and slim.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
jafa

Post by jafa »

Maybe to help in the future that the price includes a "discount" when they confirm they have travel Insurance along with a quoted price of NO travel Insurance. For those that tick the box and pay the higher amount, keep the difference in an account for hopefully these times. But as they have signed to have travel Insurance and have received a discount for such, then they cant have it both ways.
Very similar to buying a hotel room off Premier Inn, where you can have a buy today at a cheaper price with NO amendment/cancellation, or the higher price with the flexibility to alter.
Jafa