Mattissons Hotel Cosmopolitan Mattress: harder than before?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Aphra

Mattissons Hotel Cosmopolitan Mattress: harder than before?

Post by Aphra »

Hello everyone

We got Mattisons Hotel Cosmopolitan mattresses for our zip link beds a couple of years ago based on recommendations here and have been very happy with them. When our guests comment on the beds they say how comfortable they are. I've not slept on them, but they certainly seem quite bouncy / squidgy / cosy

I have just bought a king and a double for personal use and the king is very firm. Not as bad as the old mattress I am replacing which was basically a board, but much much firmer than the ones in the Cottage. We've not unpacked the double yet.

I am going to go into the Cottage tomorrow to compare, but in the meantime has anyone else had a similar experience with Mattisons?

Ive been looking forward to a good night's sleep for a month, and to say I am disappointed is an understatement.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
Getting there....
Aphra

Post by Aphra »

I've also discovered they're cheaper if you don't buy direct.

https://www.hotel-buyer-store.co.uk/hot ... -range-bed

Now I just want to cry.
Getting there....
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

I bought one of these mattresses in late 2018 for our cottage after reading good things on this forum, but haven't bought one since so can't tell you if they are harder now. I suspect most people who have bought them are in the same boat. To be honest I did think it was a bit harder than my ideal mattress when I got it, but my husband disagrees and thinks it's just right.
Aphra

Post by Aphra »

Thank you SusanMay. I am glad it's not just me.

It turns out the mattresses I got for the Cottage were from Hotel Contract Beds, so they are different.

I can't actually say anything else about the situation, I am so cross with myself.

If anyone in the Highlands wants a Kingsize or a Double Hotel Cosmopolitan please get in touch. Lovely mattresses, great if you sleep on your back, but I sleep on my side and have a gammy hip and need a bit of squidge.

Thanks again

A/B
Getting there....
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Have you tried a good mattress topper?? That might do the trick for you.
Aphra

Post by Aphra »

Good idea.
Thx.
Getting there....