Noise Monitoring - Party Prevention Alarm

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Sparks

Noise Monitoring - Party Prevention Alarm

Post by Sparks »

Installed a Minut last month at the property and have been evaluating it.

https://www.minut.com

It monitors temperature, humidity, motion, noise levels and pressure. I've always been concerned that someone would rent the cottage and hold a party but the noise level alarm has somewhat set my mind at rest. You can also set a motion alarm when the property is empty.
Last edited by Sparks on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drax

Post by Drax »

Interesting post Sparks.
Having just suffered a burglary at our holiday cottage I am considering having some form of alarm installed and the Minut device could be a solution.
Keep your powder dry.
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

I actually had a young man phone me to enquire about booking my cottage last autumn.

He specifically asked to book just one night! I asked why as this was very unusual.

He replied "It's my 18th Birthday and ..........."

I said no!
KAB-Dennis

TABLETS THAT MONITOR

Post by KAB-Dennis »

We have some online U.S. wide management companies (TURNKEY, VACASA, EVOLVE) here in and I have spoken to two of the three this month so sorry I cannot tell you which one for certain but I think it is Turnkey.

They have a tablet that they put in the property that acts like our Welcome Book and tells guests all about the property, passwords etc. BUT the tablet will tell them if more than X number of people are using the internet (OCCUPANCY ISSUES) and the tablet also monitors noise.

Not sure how intrusive this is for the guest but I guess its a bonus for the owners.
Kate
USA
newtimber

Re: TABLETS THAT MONITOR

Post by newtimber »

KAB-USA wrote:
They have a tablet that they put in the property that acts like our Welcome Book and tells guests all about the property, passwords etc. BUT the tablet will tell them if more than X number of people are using the internet (OCCUPANCY ISSUES) and the tablet also monitors noise.
No device can tell you how many people are using the internet. You can see how many devices, but they may be the same person . For example someone may have a work laptop, a tablet and a mobile and they may all be using the internet at the same time.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

newtimber wrote:
KAB-USA wrote:
No device can tell you how many people are using the internet. You can see how many devices, but they may be the same person . For example someone may have a work laptop, a tablet and a mobile and they may all be using the internet at the same time.
Sounds like me .... :( :(
Sandyppp

Post by Sandyppp »

We’ve had a Minut Point for nearly a year. I can check when guests arrive and leave, when the cleaners have been in and I get alerts when the management company have tested the fire alarms. All good.
Looking forwards
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Sandyppp wrote:We’ve had a Minut Point for nearly a year. I can check when guests arrive and leave, when the cleaners have been in and I get alerts when the management company have tested the fire alarms. All good.
Sandy is that possibly a UK/EU only service .....very interested in finding out more. Thanks JUST GOOGLED IT AN FOUND IT WILL READ MORE AND WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE OF YOUR INPUT ABOUT THE SERVICE !!! Thank you
Last edited by KAB-Dennis on Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kate
USA
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

newtimber wrote:
KAB-USA wrote:
Yes I do know that ...... I meant to say devices not people......
Kate
USA
Sandyppp

Post by Sandyppp »

Hi Kate

Ask me any questions, I really like it. I was at the Short Stay Show in London last year and saw it demonstrated and was impressed. You can set parameters for when to be alerted, eg when the noise or humidity or temperature goes above a certain level, or if there is movement when there shouldn’t be.

I didn’t want anything where I could actually “listen” to guests. I have absolutely no idea what noise they are making, just what the decibel level is.

The only problem is it needs to be charged approx every three months and when you are a long way away that can be a headache.
Looking forwards
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Sandyppp wrote: Ask me any questions, I really like it. I was at the Short Stay Show in London last year and saw it demonstrated and was impressed. You can set parameters for when to be alerted, eg when the noise or humidity or temperature goes above a certain level, or if there is movement when there shouldn’t be.

I didn’t want anything where I could actually “listen” to guests. I have absolutely no idea what noise they are making, just what the decibel level is.

The only problem is it needs to be charged approx every three months and when you are a long way away that can be a headache.
THank you Sandy I havve done some reading bout the different types and this seems like one I would try. Craziness here this week but when things settle down and I think of some questions I will send them along...... THANK YOU !!!

ONE QUESTION I HAVE NOW IS = where in your home do you install it and I believe it has an outdoor version as well.
Kate
USA
Sandyppp

Post by Sandyppp »

We have it on the ceiling, next to the smoke alarm. It’s in the main living room/kitchen. You can’t walk into the room without passing under it, and it is pretty unobtrusive so guests don’t notice it.
Looking forwards