I tourist rental licence

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Hopeful

I tourist rental licence

Post by Hopeful »

Looking into holiday let's. Can anybody tell me what they paid to have technical certicates or reports done for water tank and cess pit or septic tank. Thank you
CSE

Post by CSE »

Welcome to the forum.
A report on the condition of the building and it's services are undertaken when looking at purchasing a property.
I personally have never seen them linked to any vacation let licence.
If that is not what you understand then could you please give us a link to the information you have found or the area of Spain where you are looking at to start this new adventure.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

Hi I've been told I need to get the well water tested and have a deposit tank installed. The tank then has to be inspected by an architect. Also have to have the sewerage system inspected by an architect. We have a cesspit currently. We are told we need this for the tourist office before they will issue the tourist rental licence. They want a report by an architect which all adds quite a lot to the cost. :(
dixeady

Post by dixeady »

You really need to get advice on this matter. There are no shortcuts to getting a Tourist Rental License in Spain! If you've been told you need an architect then you need one.... at least they'll know everything that will be required to get the License. As someone who stumbled into acquiring a Spanish property and learned the hard way, get yourself a good English speaking lawyer and be prepared for the extra time/expense. It's worth it in the long run. Best wishes, Carol
CSE

Post by CSE »

Where is this meant to be? What location?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Sounds like these are local restrictions centred around water supply rather that specifically for a tourist licence. But CSE is correct when he asks for a wee bit of a head start with basic information.
Where is your proposed rental? Is it in Chiclana de la Frontera?
And who exactly told you that you'd need this certification? The Town Hall? Your local agent? Or just some friend or neighbour?
It seems to me fairly logical that these certificates are necessary because standards have been improved greatly in recent years. There is an obvious conflict between pumping your dirty water into the soil and taking your domestic supply from the same earth. It also affects your neighbours.
Whoever told you you'd need an architect is probably doing a bad translation. You will need an "arquitecto tecnico" who is the equivalent of a chartered surveyor. A Spanish architect will not entertain this unless he's really desparate or maybe to do you a special favour.
In my experience this type of thing will cost you about 100 or 150 Euros for the certificate and maybe 50-100 more if it has to be officially registered.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Working on the assumption that the house is in Chiclana area, I googled the village name with "fosa septica" and it appears that there is a problem of setpic tanks filtering into the rock layers that hold the water of the wells. Here is the link to one site (in Spanish)
So I would not be surprised if the local authority is insisting on stricter controls. But surely if you don't want gastric problems you'd want this sorted anyway, whether or not you do holiday lets. And if you rent out to somebody who catches something nasty you'd have tons of problems.