Home away info request

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
SW31

Home away info request

Post by SW31 »

Hi,

I’ve just received the following info request from HA:

We are contacting you to inform you that in accordance with Law no. 2018-898 of 23rd October 2018, starting in 2020, HomeAway must provide the French Tax Administration with the following data regarding the holiday rental property that you are advertising through HomeAway.We must provide this data for customers who are resident in France and/or for customers who use our sites to advertise properties that are based in France.The following data will be shared with the French Tax Administration:

Your identification data*
Your bank details (BIC and IBAN)
Your status (professional or otherwise) when operating through HomeAway
The number of your bookings occurring through HomeAway for which the stay started during the current calendar year (1st January 2019 to 31st December 2019)
The total gross revenue generated during the current calendar year through HomeAway (1st January 2019 to 31st December 2019)

As I already declare gross booking revenue to my French accountant ( as well as declaring for social charges) I’m worried that I could end up declaring it twice.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I would have thought your accountant could handle that issue quite easily. In my experience, the French tax system, whilst pedantic, is actually very thorough. I would expect them to “marry” the two reports as soon as your accountant points it out.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Do not HomeAway have all this information anyway, including an owner's bank details for use when they make rent payments? I don't think that this is a request for the information, but just to tell you what HA are obliged to do to comply with French law. So I think you could discount it as being a kind of duplicate tax return.