Advertising on Google Maps

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Manclass

Advertising on Google Maps

Post by Manclass »

I'm not very computer literate but as my villa is so hard to find I've managed to place it on Google Maps.
I now see that you can actually advertise on Google maps too, this I wasn't aware of.
I cant find any information about costs to do this...
Can anybody advise how much the subscription or commission is and if its very difficult to set up.
At the moment I'm advertising with HomeAway, Holiday Lettings and Spain-Holiday and due to the Spain-Holiday take over I'm now not happy with any of them .
Thanks in advance .
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

We too are on Google maps but don't pay to advertise. I just simply added our website that I used Promotemyplace to produce (all very easy to set up and manage). I then added photos that I have and hey presto, out of the blue two sets of previous guests reviewed it without any prompting from me. What I'm not sure about is why it was so easy to do without handing over money but I'm not complaining! It may be that it adds value to google maps so that it is increasingly being used as the go-to map system (and given that I use it for sat-nav in the car now, I suppose they are right).
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Ditto to Sanchisimo. I have just recently been taking down my google map inserts (sold the properties) but putting them on was quite easy and free. I got a lot of mail from google offering various advert options but never took up any of the offers.
It's not just the advertising effect. It also helps make sure your guests know where they are going and what's round about you.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Sounds as if I have nothing to lose by advertising with them if its free.
A couple of questions somebody might be able to help me with.

If I don't have my own website is it possible to use my Spain-Holiday link instead ?

I've heard that some people have had negative reviews from people that haven't actually stayed in your accommodation , is it possible to reply to reviews?

Is it easy to take the advert down if you decide you want to ?

Thanks
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

One of the disadvantages is that anybody can take it down. You find the address in google-maps. If there is a business activity shown you click on it and there is an edit option. One option is "business permanently closed" and anybody can click on this. From memory it usually takes a couple of days.
CSE

Post by CSE »

You can control the listing on Gmaps. So any changes you are notified about and this confirm or disagree with.
https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778
Yes you can even link to a farcebook page.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.