Daniel Alex

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Giuliano

Daniel Alex

Post by Giuliano »

Obviously a scam...I wonder how it works. Probably they pay with a cloned credit card, then cancel and ask for a refund on another account they can get their hands on.
--------------------------
Good day,

My name is Daniel Alex from The group travel experts. I would like to make the following reservation for my client who comes with his family for a short vacation.

Entry: October 16, 2019

Departure date: October 31, 2019

Type of rooms: 1 double room and 1 single room OR 1 apartment for 3 people Number of guests: 3 adults Please return with the cost of the entire stay of the 3 Guests and confirm if you receive Visa or MasterCard for payment.

Thank you

Daniel Alex

Bridge House
1A Low Ousegate York
North Yorkshire
United Kingdom
YO1 9QU
Reg No:05694594
VAT No:921039553
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Hi Giuliano, I am not sure it's a scam, the address, post code and VAT number all line up with "The Group Company". might be worth checking with them first before you dismiss it.
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

Dusty wrote:Hi Giuliano, I am not sure it's a scam, the address, post code and VAT number all line up with "The Group Company". might be worth checking with them first before you dismiss it.
hi Dusty, I am quite sure it's a scam: English is poor ("receive credit cards"?), the "Good Day" greeting is typical and, besides, mine is not a hotel, but a villa, so asking for single and double rooms makes no sense.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

THE GROUP COMPANY (UK) LIMITED
05694594 - Incorporated on 1 February 2006
Bridge House, 1a Low Ousegate, York, YO1 9QU

It looks like some sort of shell company, used as a cover. No officers have been registered with Companies House.

Along with other things, that email shouts "scam" to me. It's not at all clever, and I doubt it will bring much of a return for Mr. Daniel Alex (or whomever).
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

On the basis that the wording is identical to several hundred other scam attempts - and that’s just the ones I’ve received or seen reported - I’m going to stick my neck out and say “scam”, even without seeing the email addresses and headers.