Re-classifying a holiday let as a business

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

So I've asked the Council to help me help them by issuing me with (ideally) green (for approved) and red (for non approved) self adhesive stickers for the bin lids, making it abiundantly clear what is and what isn't approved. Plus the same information on a poster I can display in the property. Plus any other intiatives they may run to educate people to recycle properly. Not to much to ask is it? I wonder what response I'll get?
I just went on the council website and downloaded this information. They have it for all the residents, particularly the recycling stuff as the rules are different everywhere. Then got the laminating machine out ......
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

zebedee wrote:
I just went on the council website and downloaded this information. They have it for all the residents, particularly the recycling stuff as the rules are different everywhere. Then got the laminating machine out ......
You can put what you like but the guests won't necessarily read it. You have to manually check it and remove the dirty nappies, plastic bags etc from time to time. :D
HoneypotCottages

Post by HoneypotCottages »

...yes it's an effort to go through bins etc to make sure everything is in the correct box / bag. Like the rest of us, some guests are fabulous at recycling and others make you feel like you've asked them to run around the world. No matter how detailed you are on instructions, some guests do not read or are not interested.

Our area is complicated to say the least whilst many other areas are a lot simpler...(two wheelie bins...one for recycling and one for general rubbish).

At home, we have a black wheelie bin for general rubbish, We have a black box for glass and another black box for paper. We have a blue sack for cardboard and a white sack for plastic / glass / tetra packs. We have a green wheelie bin for garden waste. All emptied fortnightly.

We have a black food waste bin which is emptied weekly.

Cottages on business rates must pay for their own rubbish collection. Recycling is collected as per private houses.
Andy Smith