Suggestions:Alternative to WP Simple Booking Calendar plugin

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
SPJ

Suggestions:Alternative to WP Simple Booking Calendar plugin

Post by SPJ »

I'm setting up my availability calendar for 2020 on my website and have used WP Simple Booking Calendar in previous years. I'm having a problem with the editor not blocking out dates at the beginning of May and end of October when we will be shut.
I see that people have been posting questions to the plugin provider and there have been no replies for several months so I think this plugin is no longer supported.
Can anyone please suggest an alternative calendar that is simple and easy to use? All I want to show is blocked out dates as we get bookings.
My website "dates/prices" page:
http://larrival.com/dates-prices/
Thanks for any help / suggestions Sue
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

You could use eRichard's PIMS management software and calendar. https://holidayrentalmanagement.com.

In fact I believe you can use the calendar without the rest of the package, although I think the software is well worth the cost of the subscription. It enables you to set up template emails, avoid double-booking disasters, sync your calendar to listing sites, calculate rentals easily and keep track of regular and bespoke tasks.

Richard is a member here and continually developing his product. He also has a Facebook group for discussing support queries and feature requests

If you're interested, please use my referral code 1374449 to add an extra 90 days to your first year's subs. I would also get a discount off my renewal.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Hello Neat&Picky, thanks for the suggestion, but it needs to be something I can plug into Word Press and the last thing I need is anything sophisticated / clever that can sync various calendars,calculate rentals etc etc. I'm sure it's great for someone who is website literate. I barely understand what I am doing on WP! The simpler the better.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

You can use the Free PIMS Calendar to record your bookings (start/end dates) and the calendar is presented inside your WordPress site by just copy/pasting a few lines of code. Full instructions for WP are supplied.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks e-Richard. I've just had a quick look and it looks just what I need. I'll report back later after I've had breakfast and mowed the lawn. :)
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Unfortunately e-richard's software does not allow me to restrict my calendar to the months that I am open (May to October) which looks neater on my web-page.
I'd be grateful if anyone has another suggestion for a calendar plug-in that does this. Thanks.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Hi SPJ

Try this HTML code. You can exclude months from the drop-down calendar...

https://www.wpsimplebookingcalendar.com ... -selector/

Hope this helps!

Sam
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Hello Sam, thanks for your help. Sorry, I am now confused and I'd be grateful for some clarification.

Is this HTML code for e-richard's calendar? He told me his calendar cannot be restricted to showing only some months.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

That is a completely different product.

Its a plug-in for WordPress; has quite a few cool features; looks neat but you'll probably need the paid-for version for your features. But its only $39.00 which is good value.

Looks pretty smart to me, but I have not tried it.
** Richard
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks Richard for the info. What I dn't understand in all of this is I HAVE WP Simple Booking Calendar already. It has worked perfectly for 3 years for free and now is not behaving when I want to put in my 2020 calendar.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I guess we should have read your initial post :oops:
** Richard
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

No need to blush Richard, easily done.
I would be grateful for further thoughts / suggestions please.
I have managed to make contact with support at WP Simple Booking Calendar and the reply unfortunately does not mean anything to me. He says " Are you using a caching plugin?"

Of course, I have no idea! And how does that help me anyway???
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Just an update to say I finally found a link to support and they took a couple of days to get back to me. Pleased to say I now have a calendar that works!
Unfortunately because I am such a novice at this I really don't understand what I'm doing. I'd copied and pasted some HTML language for the new calendar but had forgotten I needed to change the ID number to that of the new calendar. A simple thing - "3" had to become "4" - easy when you know how! Here's hoping I remember this for next year. :)
Quiterio

Re: Suggestions:Alternative to WP Simple Booking Calendar plugin

Post by Quiterio »

Hi there, SPJ

I've posted a question about syncing various calendars with PIMS, but have just come across your post, and am thinking that WP Simple Booking Calendar might be the answer I'm looking for.

I had a look at your website, by the way, and have to say that I was impressed by its design and layout. Like you, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to things like HTML. But if you could let me know if your calendar "syncs" with other calendars. Can you import data from another calendar (e.g. AirBnb) and, if so, from more than one?