Registration number problem

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Olandbec

Registration number problem

Post by Olandbec »

Our villa is situated in Lorgues, in the Var and although we are registered with the Mairie we haven't been given a registration number. Apparently this is because Lorgues is only a small town - does anyone know if this is always the case? The lack of number is proving a problem with some listing sites.

Thanks
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

We are in dept 87 Limousin. Registered at la Mairie in 2010. They lost all records of gite registrations, registered again a couple of months ago, and so far have not been given a reg number.
oasiscouple

Re: Registration number problem

Post by oasiscouple »

Olandbec wrote:Our villa is situated in Lorgues, in the Var and although we are registered with the Mairie we haven't been given a registration number. Apparently this is because Lorgues is only a small town - does anyone know if this is always the case? The lack of number is proving a problem with some listing sites.

Thanks
Which listing sites?
We have two properties, one a B&B and the other a holiday beach apartment, each registered with different Mairies, neither of which have given us a registration number.
We are with several listing sites, none of which have asked for a registration number.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Olandbec

Post by Olandbec »

Which listing sites?
It seems to be a problem for Booking.com and Expedia, I think. But we aren't dealing directly with them, we are trying out TravelNest after a few years with Novasol. But Novasol got us on Booking.com without a number so it's obviously possible.

I was mainly just wondering if no number is definitely the norm for a small town property, so I can argue the case if needs be!

Thanks for the replies.