Being seen on Tripadvisor

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
kendalcottages

Being seen on Tripadvisor

Post by kendalcottages »

Anyone else having trouble with being seen on Tripadvisor?

We have a listing on there but when you search for available dates for our location, it returns results that do not include us (and that are not in our town, but some way outside, which is frustrating...)

I can't seem to find any way of actually contacting them via my login (maybe I'm missing something?) but did find an automated chatbot with the question "Why is my listing not showing on Tripadvisor..."

Clicking on this is met with the response:
I'm afraid that we've spotted a bug on our system. We are working on fixing this at highest priority. Your listing is still published as normal on the rest of our rentals websites. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Problem is, I think it's been like this for quite a while now so I'm not at all confident that I have it marked as a high priority... anyone else having similar problems?
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
CSE

Post by CSE »

There are a lot of bugs on TA at present.
Destination expert badges on the forum are not showing, links to articles cannot be changed. Article showing that are out of date and more, it is a right mess.
So the bugs answer could well be correct.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

I do remember a problem like that from long ago on TripAdvisor. Their system didn't understand geography too well. We worked around it, in the end, by moving our property to a different (nearby) location. If I remember it right, it didn't involve a move of the pin on the map, but it did involve a change of place name in the address. The difference was dramatic.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day