Hotel Contract Beds- Zip link beds

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Fingerscrossed

Hotel Contract Beds- Zip link beds

Post by Fingerscrossed »

We are currently furnishing our holiday cottage and every decision seems to take forever!! I wonder if someone could advise re zip link beds - we are looking at Pocket Dream 1000 Zip link from Hotel Contract beds but notice the legth is 190cm 6' 3" whereas normal bed length (we thought) was 200cm 6'6".
Has anyone else found this and how was it resolved?
Many thanks for your help. :D
Sherry

Post by Sherry »

Hi, I went through the same trauma!

Because the Zip Link beds make up into a superking, the size is that much longer. King size beds are longer too. ( it’s great for longer length guests though).

It’s not a problem when they are made up as a superking, using superking size sheets. They fit well, as do the Dunelm mattress protectors that I use.

It’s when they are made up as a single that the issues arise.

My mattresses are very deep so the single sheets are just a bit tight on them. Getting the extra deep fitted sheets is one solution, or using a double on the single is another. I just have to be very careful when making the bed up as a single. I use commercial single sheets, from Vision, and with care they just fit!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

For UK sizes, standard bed length is 6’3” long. A king (5’ wide) or superking (6’ wide) is normally 6’6” long.
Typical (but not all!) hotel type zip/link beds like those you mention (which we use) are two adult sized singles, ie 3’ wide by 6’3” long, and when linked make up a slightly odd configuration which is 6’ wide and 6’3” long. Width the extra width, very few guests will ever even notice the missing 3” in length.

When linked, normal superking bedding works fine, even with fitted sheets. When arranged as singles, they are the right size for standard single bedding.

Hope that makes sense!