From a Gladys Farrington

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
annafern

From a Gladys Farrington

Post by annafern »

Most defiantly some sort of scam but not sure what they are trying to achieve apart from getting you to click on the links.

First email I wasn't too suspension

Hello
I am just emailing to enquire if your beautiful property is for rent between 25-28 April,as it is my 26rd birthday.
Please tell my which is the next step for booking your property.You accept credit card ?
Hope to hear from you soon:)
Best Regards!
Gladys Farrington

But then when the second one came in after I had asked which property she was interested in, was very suspicious.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out so fast. I was looking thru the description and also the map, for a better feeling of the area. Maybe i'm not looking at it right, but it appears that the location is wrong on the map. Can you please confirm the location is correct:
Google maps link

Here is my property which i want to booking View Property

Here is my credit card details View Google Drive
If possible, i would like a phone number to discuss more about a booking.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Gladys Farrington

The View Property and View Google Drive and Google Maps was an embedded link.

All very strange

Anna! :?
Last edited by annafern on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

It’s likely to be an attempt to capture your google login.

Could you edit your post to make the probable scam link non-clickable just in case anyone decides to try it, or clicks on it without thinking.
annafern

Post by annafern »

I have taken the google maps link out now.
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.