A short break.

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Paul Carmel

A short break.

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hello you lot, I don't think I have looked in this part of LMH before.

We are off to a surprise 40th birthday party in Florence, and were wondering if anyone had any tips on hotels, restaurants, bars etc?

Also we intend to spend a night Siena so any thoughts along the same lines would be more than welcome. (nb we are on a budget!!)

Last but not least, we are hoping to do a bit of shopping for things for the house - is there an Italian equivalent to say Habitat in the UK, or Fly in France? We are going to Ikea outside Florence, maybe there are other good places nearby?? Also diy stuff, tiles etc (we've heard they're cheap!)

Thank you all very much in advance!
Cheers
PC
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

You're going to re-vamp your image (pun intended!) when you go Paul, aren't you - otherwise I don't rate your chances of finding any accommodation - save in a cave perhaps!

Seriously, hope someone can set you straight, and have a great time!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

GG,

I take it you mean Seymour Butts, my aviator, As you may recall he is our in house baby sitter/butler, and I have to say he has been a bit of a hit with the lady guests this year. We dont plan on taking him with us on this little holiday.......so fret not Italy.
Cheers
PC
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Phewww! Relieved about that!

Paul, what sort of lady guests have you had this year? I've just googled to learn more... and what does your good lady wife think about having him as a member of your household?
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

I think my wife is more worried about his wife Mrs Wander Peaks Butts,

Cheers
PC
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Paul Carmel wrote:GG,he is our in house baby sitter
This is what worries me most of all, Paul!
Maria Thwaite

Post by Maria Thwaite »

Hi. Try www.aguide2italy.com they have plenty tips etc
Garri

Post by Garri »

Maria, unless Paul was being super organised and planning well in advance, like 2 years in advance, I think the surprise 40th may have been and gone ;-)

Does the site you mentioned have up to date special offers? Would be good if it did ;-)
anmar1

Re: A short break.

Post by anmar1 »

Paul Carmel wrote:Hello you lot, I don't think I have looked in this part of LMH before.

We are off to a surprise 40th birthday party in Florence, and were wondering if anyone had any tips on hotels, restaurants, bars etc?

Also we intend to spend a night Siena so any thoughts along the same lines would be more than welcome. (nb we are on a budget!!)

Last but not least, we are hoping to do a bit of shopping for things for the house - is there an Italian equivalent to say Habitat in the UK, or Fly in France? We are going to Ikea outside Florence, maybe there are other good places nearby?? Also diy stuff, tiles etc (we've heard they're cheap!)

Thank you all very much in advance!

Hello, if you haven't gone yet,
my favourit place is

Trattoria( not the restaurant) IL Cibreo,
Via dei macci, 122, Santa Croce Area.
Good food, good wine, nice atmosphere.

have fun.
I go there everytime I got the canceto leave the country,
Anna