Tax de Séjour 2019

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Circé

Tax de Séjour 2019

Post by Circé »

I've started a new thread with the new year, hope that's ok?
I deal with the TdS for a client who lets her house occasionally to guests who come via her advert on an online site. Mainly the house is used by family and friends who contribute to the upkeep.
I only collect TdS from visitors who come via the advert, so it's not worth going down the classification route.
I had emails last year regarding the new complicated tarifs for non-classified, and just now I had one offering training sessions to help all users with their payments on the new website. So that must be really user friendly :roll:
The sessions are FOC, but participants must bring their own laptop. WHAT? Not everyone has a laptop. What a cheek!
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Circe ... Could you not still attend and just take notes and lean over someone's shoulder. But like you say it's a presumption. A bit like everyone suppose to fill their tax online this year ... Impossible not everyone has a computer!!!

Your lucky that you have been notified Or unlucky.
We have not been notified , not a squeak!
Our local Tourism site still states the old tariff ( but I do know it's changed for non classification .
So spent some time taking a screen shot with date and year and old tariff etc.
So as the law states transparency, and notices of tax in accommodation this online tax charge is now hanging up. I will update it every few weeks with date stamp until they spot the error and quite simply state these charges have been forwarded to guests for 2019 and it would be illegal for me to change . Well. That's if they notify me.
Pay Tax de Sejour every November, I have cert from Mairie and we declare tax. So they can stick it... Up there jumper . But truly we are now all but booked up for the season so it's true that I can't change charges :D