Zip and Link suppliers - experience of Mattison vs HCB?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
MulesMarinair

Zip and Link suppliers - experience of Mattison vs HCB?

Post by MulesMarinair »

Hi folks
Totally confused with bed and pricing options.
Heading towards 1000 pocket sprung, which hotel contract beds and Mattisons both offer.
Anybody have any experience of both companies?
Are both offerings much the same?
Thanks
Yours etc
MM
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Very pleased with the pocket 1000 from Hotel Contract Beds, we have a few and will probably get more as and when. Good comments from guests.

My experience of Mattisons doesn’t go beyond the enquiry stage, when they weren’t particularly switched on and couldn’t give me a satisfactory answer to questions about their divan bases, and their delivery times were weeks when HCB have delivered within 3 days both times I’ve used them.
I’d be surprised if there’s much to choose between the two in mattress quality. The bases are important too; bases from a previous supplier I used started to creak and I had to replace before the mattresses. I won’t name that supplier as a) I can’t be certain who they were without digging through files and b) I think they’ve probably upped their game since. Bases from HCB seem pretty sturdy.
MagsS

Post by MagsS »

We have just ordered our first zip & link 1200 Panache bed from HCB and will use them again. Delivery was within a week and customer service has been great. We ordered the padded headboard which feels luxurious and grey colour which looks better in the flesh than on the website. We are pleased with the bed and plan to order more from HCB.
Just a novice!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I don't have a zip and link and no experience of HCB. I've used Mattison several times and the pocket 1000 mattress is excellent quality which is why I go back to them. Their website is crap and in the dark ages, nice customer service but as I ordered bespoke options (headboards and an ottoman) I got a few surprises on delivery! Wrong headboard was delivered, soon rectified, and I accepted a piece of engineering that wouldn't have been my choice if I'd known in advance. Lack of good website pictures/description were the downfall there.

For a relatively standard option you should be ok and their products are good quality. You can get headboard and divan base fabric samples sent, so I got exactly what I wanted and they were the cheapest option I found.
MulesMarinair

Post by MulesMarinair »

Thanks so much folks
Went for HCB in the end
Didn't think we'd have them until first week in January with Christmas, but I had a good chat with them over the phone...
I work in manufacturing so asked a few bits about their supply chain and location etc. Curiosity more than validating how the beds would be made. Person on end of phone was fluent with where they sourced parts, the manufacturing site and how quick the order would be coded to production and then flagged for shipping. Gives you confidence when you are making a large outlay (not in the grand scheme of things, but it is when it is your first foray into self catering and want to make an investment in the beds).

Thanks again for the information and support
MM
Fingerscrossed

Hotel Contract Beds- Zip link beds

Post by Fingerscrossed »

I am also just starting out and thinking of using Hotel Contract Beds - however the measurements on the website for the kingsize and super kingsize length is 190cm as opposed to 200cm (which is normal length)i.e.6'3" as opposed to 6'6"

Are the shorter in the flesh or have people found this is not an issue?

Many thanks for any help- confused!
newtimber

Re: Hotel Contract Beds- Zip link beds

Post by newtimber »

Fingerscrossed wrote:I am also just starting out and thinking of using Hotel Contract Beds - however the measurements on the website for the kingsize and super kingsize length is 190cm as opposed to 200cm (which is normal length)i.e.6'3" as opposed to 6'6"

Are the shorter in the flesh or have people found this is not an issue?

Many thanks for any help- confused!
I think it's just the zip and link which are 190cm - presumably because if you have the beds unlinked, they would be too long for a standard single and fitted sheets wouldn't fit...
Fingerscrossed

Zip link

Post by Fingerscrossed »

Many thanks- I hadn't thought about that but it makes sense.

I take it no one with zip links has had any complaints from tall guests?
Ivy

Re: Zip link

Post by Ivy »

Fingerscrossed wrote:Many thanks- I hadn't thought about that but it makes sense.

Hi Fingerscrossed. What did you go for in the end? Interested as we're making the same decision and the length was one consideration. Have you had any guest feedback yet?
Fingerscrossed

Post by Fingerscrossed »

Ivy wrote:
Fingerscrossed wrote:Many thanks- I hadn't thought about that but it makes sense.

Hi Fingerscrossed. What did you go for in the end? Interested as we're making the same decision and the length was one consideration. Have you had any guest feedback yet?
Hi there! We went for Hotel Contract beds superking. We have had no adverse comments and the bed is lovely. We use a nice thick topper from Out of Eden and their zip link duvet..job's a good un! as they say.
We found HCB very accommodating delivery wise as we needed as small vehicle but they will only bring it to the door...not upstairs. The mattresses are quite heavy, just to warn you. Hope it all goes well for you.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Fingerscrossed wrote:
Ivy wrote:

Hi there! We went for Hotel Contract beds superking. We have had no adverse comments and the bed is lovely. We use a nice thick topper from Out of Eden and their zip link duvet..job's a good un! as they say.
We found HCB very accommodating delivery wise as we needed as small vehicle but they will only bring it to the door...not upstairs. The mattresses are quite heavy, just to warn you. Hope it all goes well for you.
Thanks fingers crossed, hopefully the beds we've got coming will be up to supporting the weight of the mattresses! We're probably going for either the pocket dream 1000 or panache 1200... I'm sure there's not a great deal in it but looking at the bedding outlays will no doubt plump for the cheaper!
Karen&John

Post by Karen&John »

Hi Ivy,
Have tried to pm you, don`t know why I cannot (just wants me to start new topic?).
Best,
Karen & John
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Karen&John wrote:Hi Ivy,
Have tried to pm you, don`t know why I cannot (just wants me to start new topic?).
Best,
Karen & John
You do have to put a title in your pm
Then it will send
Karen&John

Post by Karen&John »

thanks Zebedee, I`ll try again