Asking for emergency contact details

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
annafern

Asking for emergency contact details

Post by annafern »

This is not something I would necessarily want to implement, but I have recently heard of another property owner asking for emergency contact details from people who book with them.

Just wondered what is everyones option on this?

Thanks
Anna
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Do you mean contacts as in next of kin in case guests can’t contact them themselves???

I just ask for a mobile number to contact guests themselves during their stay.
Never been asked myself for emergency contacts unless I am booking a flight.
annafern

Post by annafern »

Yes next of kin contact details.
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
AppletreeGlamping

Post by AppletreeGlamping »

Feels like an overreach. The police can trace you from your car registration or mobile phone number so I don't see why you would need the data and with recent legislation like GDPR you should aim at holding minimal personal data.

Personally it would make me uncomfortable being asked for it and I have ICE contacts in my phone anyway.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I'm not sure I would be happy holding next of kin contact details and having to make the decision when and whether to contact them and how best to do it.

We had a group of motorcyclists here once. They went out for long days. After about day five the group came back minus one. We got chatting with the group and they were getting concerned the missing rider had not turned up. They wondered what to do but he eventually drove in a couple of hours later having stopped at the supermarket for fuel and got side-tracked into a conversation and some drinks with another group of motorcyclists.

I'd much rather leave it to the professionals who know when and how to do these things.
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

This is something i did do once but on arrival.

Daughter dropped off Mum & Dad in wheelchairs and erm! They didn't look good. They had booked for three weeks and they were on there own. The daughter had no problem letting me know her contact details, infact she was relieved i'd asked.

In the end i needn't of worried as they had already pre-booked a carer in advance and it turned out to be someone i knew already albeite not well.

I was offered contact details by another person dropping off an aunt & uncle.

Common sense i think in certain circumstances.