Review our Website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Somerset-UK

Review our Website

Post by Somerset-UK »

Appreciate any comments about our website (nearly finished)

Im deciding whether to split our holiday apartments off to a separate website away from our Hotel website - thoughts?

https://www.royalclarencehotel.com
Life Goal = doing my best to drive Direct Bookings and remove as much commission as possible from OTAs pockets.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I thought initially that the red and white structure on stilts on the beach (photo on the home page) was the "value stay - premium location" place to stay you were advertising!
CSE

Post by CSE »

welcome to LMH. We hope you stick around.
Normally new members are encouraged to do a few posts before asking for a website review.
I feel that this website is one that comes out of a standard package so there should not be too much wrong with it.
The splitting off rooms is a business decision.
How do they function at the moment?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
apiersa

Post by apiersa »

Yes, likewise, I think the photo of the red and white structure is very misleading: it looks as though that's the hotel!
OK, I'm going to be picky but I'm a professional sub-editor so these things jumped out at me.
Putting a capital H on the word hotel is weird and grammatically incorrect. You've also done it inconsistently: sometimes there's a lower-case -h and sometimes an upper-case one.
Also, why put an upper-case -T on the word town? That also looks strange.
On the opening page, first paragraph: should be stone's throw, not stones thrown.
Fifth paragraph at the end of the first line there should be a colon: not a semi-colon;
And second-to-last paragraph: "Upto 4 adults" should be "up to": there's a space missing. And there's a similar mistake further down the page.
And there's a comma instead of a full stop at the end of the last paragraph.
On the highlights and features section: try and vary the vocabulary. There are other words apart from "amazing"!
In the FAQ section: your answer to the question about all rooms having en-suite makes no sense. And you should simplify your answer about parking.
Why don't you talk about the free bottle of wine on the home page?
There you go. Hope this is helpful.
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Nice site

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi
Really nice site , the small things I noticed

Could not find a picture of the outside of the hotel?

One the home page showing the beach , I would add Burnham on Sea , in case people do not scroll down

The One bed apartment and Studio apartment do not have any photos when you click through

The "Free parking" statement on the home page is confusing when later on you mention "claim back up to 4 hours of summer time pay and display charges for every night booked."
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
Sid T

Post by Sid T »

I would have a photo of the hotel as the first image a website user sees...