Maria Mena

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
susanm

Maria Mena

Post by susanm »

I have received two emails from this person today, wanting to book for a colleague. I gave generic reply - book via my website and pay via Paypal (I had my suspicions) - and received this reply:

Hi again,
Thank you for your offer, I want to go ahead with booking.
Please see in the attached a copy from passport , credit card and authorisation letter for prepayment.
I wait for booking confirmation and copy from invoice after charge. If something else is needed please advise me.
Sincerly

There were three documents attached, which I will not be opening! I have replied to say that the only way to book is my website using Paypal so hopefully they get the message!

Susan
Marks

Post by Marks »

Why reply? It's obviously a scam. Block and delete.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
susanm

Post by susanm »

The first email wasn't obviously a scam (hence me sharing this here to let others know). The email address was from a genuine uk based company. The second email that I quoted above confirmed that it was a scam. If I deleted and blocked every slightly unusual email that I receive I would go out of business!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I think MarkS was referring to your reply to the SECOND email. That certainly would have been my question.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !