Ironing

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
mistry girl

Ironing

Post by mistry girl »

So I have a lot of Egyptian cotton linen to launder, and don't want to use a local laundry, but want a professional finish to my ironing. Can anyone recommend the best ironing system they've found please? Type of iron, press, or any other suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks
just be yourself - everyone else is taken (Oscar Wilde)
Karen&John

Post by Karen&John »

We are soon to order all our new bedding.
Karen wants poly cotton (plastic), I want cotton.
Karen say`s "ok, but you can do the ironing".

So I was hoping for a reply to this one
JanB

Post by JanB »

I use 100% cotton sheets and duvet covers and find ironing them when not too dry is key. Plus I use a water spray too.

Pillow slips come up beautifully if you spray them and I just have a medium range steam iron.

Happy ironing......radio on, cup of coffee time &#128516;

PS - important to thoroughly air everything if ironing from damp
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

I used to send my bed linen to the local laundry. Unfortunately it closed down and alternatives were way more expensive. So I bought

the Advanced Ironing Press from Speedy Press

Great results, easy to use.Highly recommended.
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
louloup

Post by louloup »

I am fussy about ironing but did find it exhausting at busy times. Then I discovered an ESAT blanchisserie not too far away. The quality is superb and very cheap. A quick search shows a couple in the Dordogne. I suppose it depends on whether the quality is the same as here and how far away they are from you.
SW31

Post by SW31 »

I use a fastpress iron. Duvets are easy - I fold them once, then again and then put them through the press. My bannister in the house is excellent for lengthwise folding!

Same applies with sheets but it doesn’t do fitted sheets well. Pillows are folded and then pressed. Only drawback is size. I looked at the larger worktop presses but they were too expensive.

There’s no way I could go back to a conventional iron.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Sorry, I have I misunderstood, you iron your duvets and pillows....?????? :shock: :shock: :shock: