SEO and additional website

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Codliveroil

SEO and additional website

Post by Codliveroil »

One of the biggest problems of having your own website is getting ranked high in search. My google ranking had sunk to position 70 for all key words so two months ago I set about fixing that and got as high as 17.1 now sitting around 24.

This was not easy but I did it with blogs, social, forums, posts, follow back links you name it I did it, sometimes -12 hours per day.

I am with PMP and so started another PMP site just for tourist info of my area, Here it is: http://www.monchiqueportugal.info it is a work in progress and I am busy doing all the SEO stuff to this site also, if I can get that as high in search then hopefully should get some benefit from it as well.

Any additional ideas greatly welcomed!
Codliveroil

Update

Post by Codliveroil »

From position 24 it went down to 40 something for what reason only the google gods know, I was so disappointed, gutted actually, I did about a dozen tweeks, blindly, and after about a month we started creeping up, currently 14.7, go figure, no idea which tweek worked.

Hit and miss is my method because I aint no SEO tecky and never will be. I just try anything that I find on the net that does not cost anything, so zero $ investment in SEO works but it is tough going.

The one thing that it might have been is that on most of my 30 odd pages the ratio of text content to html was too low. so I increased the text on each page by simply copying and pasting reviews at the end of each page to improve the ratio, perhaps that was it?

Have a look at my site and see what I Mean. Please don't click on the link below, rather google ---villa vida nova monchique and click on my site algarvevillaforrent.com that way my rankings will improve, sorry for that lol
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Done!
Vector

Re: Update

Post by Vector »

Codliveroil wrote:From position 24 it went down to 40 something for what reason only the google gods know, I was so disappointed, gutted actually, I did about a dozen tweeks, blindly, and after about a month we started creeping up, currently 14.7, go figure, no idea which tweek worked.

Hit and miss is my method because I aint no SEO tecky and never will be. I just try anything that I find on the net that does not cost anything, so zero $ investment in SEO works but it is tough going.

The one thing that it might have been is that on most of my 30 odd pages the ratio of text content to html was too low. so I increased the text on each page by simply copying and pasting reviews at the end of each page to improve the ratio, perhaps that was it?

Have a look at my site and see what I Mean. Please don't click on the link below, rather google ---villa vida nova monchique and click on my site algarvevillaforrent.com that way my rankings will improve, sorry for that lol
If I read correctly you were putting in 12 hours a day at times trying to get it moved up. If you are willing to invest that much time just "hit & miss", why not invest some of that time learning to do what will actually work?
I ask not being a "techy" myself, because I do not have that much time to invest.
But if you do, go for it!
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I searched for Algarve Villa - a reasonable thing to search for as a guest - and yes your place is top but in the google hotels section not the Villa rental. If I search for Algarve Villa Rental I'm afraid you're nowhere to be seen...

Mind you being top in the hotels section is really good!