Cheap Website Design

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
paolo

Post by paolo »

AndyLucia wrote:something like 6th out of 235000 results - and it gets us enquiries!
How do you know - can you track this?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I'd be interested to know this, too. I can track click-throughs from Google and even what search phrases were used to find our page, but I don't know how to tell which click-throughs resulted in an inquiry. I'd love to figure that out!
Brooke
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Paolo and Brooke,

Well, I can do a certain amount of tracking with Google Analytics, some of the reporting tools are very good.

But the real reason I can say it with such confidence is a combination of cheating and a few slow days. Most of our enquiries come from external advertising, so enquiries from our own site have (until recently) been pretty rare so, when we do get one, I tend to investigate the GA stats the next day very thoroughly. So, for example, a recent search enquiry via Google led to my G1 goal being hit, i.e. the Enquiry Form page reached, it was the only one that day, and the only enquiry form we had that day - QED. What is very satisfying, from my point of view, is the fact that in the time that elapsed between that earlier post and this one that enquiry turned into a booking! :)
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!