new website plans; advice needed please

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Mildred

new website plans; advice needed please

Post by Mildred »

Setting up a new website for a friend, am competent with wordpress.org based sites but want to explore other options, here's what I'm thinking so far:

If I go down the PMP route do I need to buy booking software such as Bookalet? I'm thinking specifically for having the option for guests to book via an instant 'book now' button?

How compatible is bookalet with wordpress?

and finally, opinions on using Wix?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I can’t answer the question about Wordpress or Wix but I know if you want to join Vacationsoup.com, a new listing site with a difference, then you have to have a Wordpress site so that might be a consideration for you? As I am happy with my PMP site, I am passing on this for now. I want to see how it goes as it is quite a commitment but may well pay dividends being such a content heavy site with everyone contributing information.

PMP are working on the online booking thing. It is in beta phase. I am not sure this link will work ( as I am logged into the site) but I can cut and paste the text if necessary https://www.promotemyplace.com/SiteBuil ... 8&langid=1. You can also add third party booking with supercontrol or freetobook.
Bordering

Post by Bordering »

You add the various Bookalet widgets with a fairly short line of code, so compatibility is unlikely to be an issue however a site has been made.

The line of code includes an external javascript, which means that some adblockers might prevent it from displaying so it’s worth also including a button or link to open it in a new window, just in case.
Codliveroil

Post by Codliveroil »

Do you really need "Instant" booking.

If you intend to go also with HA, TA et al then "instant" booking can cause problems, you may have sent a quote to a HA potential 2 adult enquiry then you get an "instant" booking of 8 adults from partyland, and now you have to cancel the HA not good for anyone or your HA rankings.

I have "Online" booking with the third party sites so I have 24 hours to decide. Not on my own PMP site though, I have not looked at it yet, probably because it's beta and maybe because my 7 year old DIY system does the job.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I also wonder why someone would want instant booking on their website? I point them towards my booking form once I am sure I want to have them stay. Instant booking terrifies me! But that is just me.
Codliveroil

Post by Codliveroil »

FelicityA wrote:I also wonder why someone would want instant booking on their website? I point them towards my booking form once I am sure I want to have them stay. Instant booking terrifies me! But that is just me.
Me too. A few emails back and forth paints a reasonable picture of who potential Guests are, gives you the opportunity of sending a booking form that can be modified if you have any doubts, terms and conditions, (which can also be modified to suit).
COYS

Post by COYS »

Codliveroil wrote:
FelicityA wrote:I also wonder why someone would want instant booking on their website? I point them towards my booking form once I am sure I want to have them stay. Instant booking terrifies me! But that is just me.
Me too. A few emails back and forth paints a reasonable picture of who potential Guests are, gives you the opportunity of sending a booking form that can be modified if you have any doubts, terms and conditions, (which can also be modified to suit).
+1
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Info

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi
Just read post , sorry a little late

I am a Wix user , find it excellent , continually coming out with improvements

Have just built a website for our Property Management people on Wix , like most things content is king and continual updating content is king as well!
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Instant booking comes in different flavours. I have instant booking, but what that means is that a booking is made on my supercontrol booking system, and I don't confirm it until I have received deposit and done any other enquiries.

Even if somebody pays deposit immediately via PayPal, I still have to manually send an email to confirm.

I can't remember any booking with paid deposit which I have turned away - normally there is a discussion beforehand, before they make a booking. E.g. 'we are a group of 6 well behaved 16 year old girls, come to party after school term ends, can we use your lovely flat for a few days?'

In contrast, if somebody makes an instant booking on airbnb or others, it is quite difficult to remove them.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Nigel Goodwin wrote
I don't confirm it until I have received deposit and done any other enquiries.
I’m just curious as to what other enquiries means??