Coffee Machines Filter vs Capsule/pod

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Well with a burr grinder you don't have that issue - that's why they are good, everything grinds to the set size. But I do agree about the noise - it's something I hadn't considered, because a hand grinder is relatively quiet. So I shall stop looking for secondhand mini Mazzers on French Ebay! :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Yes, come to think of it, I've got a burr-grinder, a Bodum which is rather nice, but I've never been able to get the grind right. Maybe I should try again.

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
teapot

Post by teapot »

Moliere wrote:
teapot wrote:My very expensive Delonghi . . . broken again,
Well, the problem is you shouldn't put leaf tea in it!

Mols :lol:
:lol:
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
lorca

Post by lorca »

Forget machines. Nothing can beat a Moka pot (standard here in Spain) or French press - we provide both for our guests.
If not now, when?
teapot

Post by teapot »

lorca wrote:Forget machines. Nothing can beat a Moka pot (standard here in Spain) or French press - we provide both for our guests.
Forget machines because they break down :roll: However when working that bean to cup made the best, almost switched alliance :lol: You need that crema layer, ask any Italian!
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Well as my last guests of 2017 are comfortably installed to spend a quite few days seing in 2018 , the vote seems to be to keep the filter coffee machines with my offer of a small pot of freshly ground coffee to welcome them ( as i live on site this is no a problem ) their are so many preferences to what pod/ capsule are best or are personally perfered by each individual guest
With more being added all the time so as all the filter machines are newish and of good quality i will see what 2018 brings and how the machines are being received and maybe re visit this topic in the future
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower