Give me your feed back, i'm ready.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
rigmover

Give me your feed back, i'm ready.

Post by rigmover »

Another attempt at it.

https://www.tofs.holiday

Thank you.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Just a couple of things - I am a bit concerned that your website would not come up well in a search engine search owing to the use of initials instead of the full name and location of the property.

Secondly,,when viewed on an IPad, the title "Accomodation" has the "n" on the line below.

The white text over the blue background reads well on the first page, but it is only my view, and others may differ, the white text over the red background is a bit much and may look a lot better if the red was not quite so bright?

Looks like a lovely property and a very interesting building to do a conversion on.
rigmover

Post by rigmover »

Thanks zebedee,
Yeah I understand about the search engine thing, unfortunately 'The Old Fire Station' was taken as were all one close to it.

I haven't yet edited the mobile device thingy yet, i'm still getting over this one.

And thanks for the colour input, i'll look into that.

The web site is just for info really, we really don't need the business from it as the house is full far more than we need, we need a rest ha ha.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

I think the photos aren't all working for you and need a few tweaks to really show your place off. Plus the text formatting could be easier to read.

More specifically - I think the red titles are not strong enough over the photos - maybe use white and a sans serif font? Red is too low contrast which means it might cause problems for anyone with impaired vision.

I also find the white body text laid over the large photos difficult to read. I'd prefer to see the text on solid panels that scroll over the photos. Personally I don't like justified text - on smaller screens you get some big gaps between words which also makes it more difficult to read.

On your photos page I think the large background image is fighting with your photos so they don't stand out as much as they could. Maybe fade or darken that background photo, if you can, so that your property pictures are the strongest elements on the page.

On the history page I'd like to see a before and after photo taken from the front to show how you've transformed the fire station.

For the future I'd also like to see more photos of the local area so I have an instant idea of what kind of holiday it would be - show the coast, people walking, beachcombing, the castles, etc. Photos have much more immediate impact than text. I recommend adding some local photos to the 'to do' page when you get the time and 1 or 2 on the home page too.

I keep reading TOFS and thinking 'toffs' which implies a rather posh baronial hall type of place, not really in line with your contemporary style, so I would avoid using the acronym in your text.

Hope that helps :D
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
africanpenguin

Post by africanpenguin »

rigmover wrote:The web site is just for info really, we really don't need the business from it as the house is full far more than we need, we need a rest ha ha.
Then you should consider putting your prices up. What do similar properties in the area charge?
stewart-sandeman

Post by stewart-sandeman »

I would agree that the wording against the photo backgrounds are hard to read, and slightly off putting.