Booking / management system recommendations

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
mousey

Booking / management system recommendations

Post by mousey »

Newbie to rentals!
What booking system do people use as doing it manually at the moment !!
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Hi, We use Pims and highly recommend it, I will send you a code.

It has helped us stay organised for sure
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

I am using HostAway as channel manager.
Woz

Post by Woz »

I use 'Bookalet' now which imports all bookings made via other channels (including HA/OD, Booking.com, TA/HL, ABNB etc). It offers Stripe integration for payments and some great management features. Also has a good calendar and booking system to integrate with your own website.

I've also used 'freetobook' in the past, though the absence of calendar synchronisation into this system from third party booking sites is a serious flaw in its design, and its calendar and booking tools for embedding on your own website are clunky and confuse some guests.
peyre blanque

PIMS

Post by peyre blanque »

I guess this may depend on how many units you have.

We have a single unit and use PIMS lite: inexpensive, more than adequate and - best of all - superfast and easily understood response from Richard to all my dumb questions.

Highly reccommended
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

Hi,

I know that PIMS is much more than an availability calendar but I thought I'd have a quick look at it in action on Peyre Blanque's website and, looking on an iPad in portrait orientation, the months on the right-side side of the calendar have been cut off. I'd be grateful to know if it is possible to include the calendar in websites in a more responsive way at all?

Thanks (in advance),
Susan
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hi Susan, the calendars are responsive, but perhaps that one has not done the fairly recent changes that were needed to the code.
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

Good to know, thanks
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Another PIMS user here. Yes PIMS has been updated to responsive calendars and rate cards but I know many people haven't updated their websites since that change.
Kgreen

Post by Kgreen »

Holiday Live Booking, simple integration, looks great, super easy to navigate - automated e-mail confirmations etc.

https://www.holidaylivebooking.co.uk/index.php

You can view it on my site:

www.blacksmithscottagesuffolk.co.uk

Katie
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

i think i have posted a question on another topic on LMH but i have often looked a booking/property management recommendations

however a lot of the software companies/packages offer more than i need at the moment
i do not really want to put a calendar on my main website i prefer to answer enquiries as get them
so really the site is used for information only

but i really want to sync all the other OTA /booking portal sites as trying to keep up updating them manually takes up a lot of time however both methods are open to errors

so looking for something really simple that i can access using my mobile phone or tablet as well as the main home /office computer

i would like to be able to put something in place for next season

so recommendations would be most helpful
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Far be it for me to make any recommendations, but you can certainly use the FREE PIMS calendar as you describe without putting anything on your website. The Free calendar is a severely cut-down version of the full booking system:

Simply add booked dates on your phone or tablet and your calendars on most other OTA /booking portal sites will automatically be updated. Thats all you need to do.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Thanks Richard

i will certainly look at this option
i am also in the position of stream lining my admin tasks
this is something on the list for activation 2018

as this year i am noticing a pattern of short breaks from the europeans compared to the week /10 day bookings before so the changeovers and calendar updating are keeping me busy
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower